Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ecobee thermostat

I am looking for some feedback on ecobee thermostats. My neighbor is building a cabin and wants a wifi thermostat that will call out in case the boiler fails, and this is the best option I have come up with, but I have to prior knowledge of them.

I will be having a class on this thermostat This Friday. The Honeywell IAQ will do this, you need the redlink router.
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

The WiFi Vision Pro and Focus Pro are two affordable options that will do what you want. They don't "call" out though. Under account settings you can set a specific temperature and if it gets below that for a certain period of time it will send out an email (or multiples if you choose)

With ecobee you don't need any other wifi router, the stat connects to the existing wifi network.

I have installed over 10 of these. The Smart version allows for humidity control, remote sensors, and has dry contract inputs (tying to wet switch, other accessories). The SI is the basic one. Both have weather, integrated WI-FI, super easy app.

I hate to say it, but I like them both better than my 2x as expensive Carrier Color touch....

We have had very good response from our customers on these. Come to think of it, I don't think I have heard anything negative.

Ecobees have been very good in my experience and you don;t have to buy all of the red link stuff.

+1 for ecobee.
    But the Honeywell VP wifi looks nice as well. Does that one need the redlink router?

WiFi vision pro and focus pro have the WiFi built in. No red link gateway required.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus-Herb94 View Post
    WiFi vision pro and focus pro have the WiFi built in. No red link gateway required.
    Thanks

I am becoming a big fan of the nest for an all inclusive stat that has wifi built in. Pricey at 225$ but it does way more than a honeywell redlink setup for 20% less in cost and works just like an ipod for those tech people

Im sure your concern is Pipes Busting and flooding the cabin. Until you install just crack open the faucet very slightly. Movement will avoid the freeze. Yes it's a waste but there is a long list of waste in Life. Flowing rivers don't freeze under 32 degrees.
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

Quote Originally Posted by Barrettservices View Post
    Pricey at 225$ but it does way more than a honeywell redlink setup for 20% less in cost
    The Nest looks like a nice thermostat, and will handle most systems, but it doesn't have anything close to the feature set of the Ecobee smart thermostat, or Honeywell Prestige IAQ.
    Also, if the thermostat is actually located in what is typically considered a "correct" location for a thermostat, Nest's occupancy sensor is nearly completely useless in most homes I've been in.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast