Hoshizaki KM-800MRE- evaporator tubing seperating from cube grid?

I have a Hoshizaki ice machine that seems to be flooding the compressor. Can someone tell me how the evaporator tubing is attached to the stainless steel cube surface? It appears as though the "cube surface" pieces are just hanging there and not making positive contact with the evaporator tubing. Kind of looks like a curtain just hanging in front of the evap tubing on both sides and is not attached in any way. The right evaporator is worse than the left one.

I'm pretty sure this is not the way it's supposed to be.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks
    "Delay is preferable to error"- Thomas Jefferson

Sorry to say the evap is shot. Likely the ice was backing up into evap due to scale, poor harvest or defective bin stat causing a massive ice block that presses against the evap.. No way to re-attach. Hoshi has a "proprietary" process to bond the stainless to the copper.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

What I figured

Quote Originally Posted by baub View Post
    Sorry to say the evap is shot. Likely the ice was backing up into evap due to scale, poor harvest or defective bin stat causing a massive ice block that presses against the evap.. No way to re-attach. Hoshi has a "proprietary" process to bond the stainless to the copper.

I was thinking it would be something like that.... oh well... the machine is almost 20 years old... time for a new one.
    "Delay is preferable to error"- Thomas Jefferson

The customer expects the piece to last forever, but the average life of an ice machine today is about 10 - 12 years. Hoshizaki ice machines seem to last a little, or much longer, depending on service and water quality.

No point in replacing the evaporator on a 20 year old machine. The bin is probably OK. Yes? That saves some big bucks.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Scrap the unit yourself if the owner doesn't want it. Copper/stainless pays pretty well.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

scrap not worth fixing