+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can A JCI FX16 LON Be Used With An N2 Card?

Post Likes

Can A JCI FX16 LON Be Used With An N2 Card?

Im in a really tough bind, i need a FX16 with an N2 card like yesterday but all i have is a FX16 with a LON card. I have and extra FX15 N2 card, is it possible to install it into the FX16 LON unit with out having to change much?
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    I dont see why not, you probably would only have to change the com card. I have an extra FX16 w N2 com if it doesnt end up working. PM me if you need it.

Post Likes
    I did that once... I ordered the wrong part # and got LON. Ordered N2 cards and swapped. No problem. (Note:Swap to/from Bacnet is a problem.)

Bill

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alliedtech12887 View Post
    Im in a really tough bind, i need a FX16 with an N2 card like yesterday but all i have is a FX16 with a LON card. I have and extra FX15 N2 card, is it possible to install it into the FX16 LON unit with out having to change much?
    Why arent you using COM2 for the N2?...is it being used for something else already?
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Be brave. You cannot get eaten by an imaginary tiger.

Post Likes
    So after speaking with my local rep. he montioned as long as the controllers have the same rev it wouldnt make any differance. So I tried it yesterday afternoon and it worked perfectly.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in