Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Now look at what you mean old conservatives have done. You've run off gahvactech and he is now at the land of his people, Conspiracies"R"Us.com

You folks should be ashamed. All gahvactech wanted was the truth. Truth and common sense and intelligent discussion.

Is that too much to ask?

Afterall, for years he provided us with the truth, common sense and intelligence all wrapped up in his incessant pass-along e-mails.

So straighten up all you conservatives, we can't afford to lose the unintentionally hilarious scribblings of gahvactech.
    GA makes clever observations and has a sharp sense for conspiracy angles. Admirable qualities. Unfortunately in this incident there is no rational evidence of a conspiracy, not even any logical conclusion that one might exist.

Dorner was a crazed nutcase murderer and deserves no sympathy or respect at all. He was especially bad, but LAPD has more crazed nutcase murderers on the force, they had two shooting incidents on innocent people. Getting Dorner fired was good, but they obviously need more firings.

Side note folks:

Dorner claimed he was fired unfairly. I don't know, but his claim did have the ring of truth to it as read in his nutty manifesto. I don't know LAPD rules, but often government employees are almost IMPOSSIBLE to fire. So, the only way a bad apple can be terminated of employment is very extreme circumstances. Texas State employment is like that, no union, just State policy. His co-workers might have conspired to have him canned, he was a nutcase and that would have been a smart move. The bigger story here might be the inability of removing bad apples by bad policy rules. I am curious what will happen the other cops who shot at innocent victims.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I hate to draw lines in the sand... it makes folks gather on each side RATHER THAN THINK CLEARLY. However:

How much Constitutional common sense has been applied to this Dormer issue? Seems to me the MSM (main stream media) has shaped the thinking of both liberals AND CONSERVATIVES.
    I can understand liberals lining up with the MSM... I cannot understand nor accept conservatives doing so... they are IMO not practicing what they say they believe in. As far as I am concerned: SHAME ON YOU conservatives for letting the media manipulate your thinking.

GA is gonna take a break from ARP... With a few exceptions he does not see folks he wants to converse with at this point... too much MSM and not enough common sense, not enough Constitutional thinking, and not enough seeking the truth.

Bye.
    Lighten up GA we all like you with a few "notable" exceptions here. We all have differences of opinions on various topics and we just can't all agree on everything. I have always considered you my friend and a fellow conservative with some differences of opinion on various topics in religion and individual rights.

Other than the usual cabal of far out folks attacking you, me and other "outspoken" conservatives here on this forum the rest of us manage our disagreements in mostly a civil way and you should not feel offended IMHO if that is the case here on Dormer. Let it go, speak your thoughts and agree to disagree without getting to upset here buddy.

Hope to see you back. Your friend, fellow conservative and commie hunter Glenn. I might change my avatar to another hero of mine Joe McCarthy. Thank you, thank you very much

"I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Stay focused dude....I said he was mentally ill before taking action. I said nothing about being able to keep it hidden. …If a person is devious enough, lives within a mild state of psychosis, or is just plain evil with no conscience, they can hide it if the really really want to.....but they are still sick.
    I don’t know everything about Dorner but how do we know he was “in a mind state of psychosis” prior to being fired? Are we just assuming that? How is it that we assume his rampage justified his termination from the LAPD?

He was fired for filing a false police report when actually we should suspect it was for whistle blowing. Cops file false reports all the time and don’t get fired for it. Case in point – Rodney King.

Not everyone is cut out to witness the LAPD corruption up close and personal, especially when targeted by it. Maybe they should have a disclaimer or a screening test at the academy eliminating those with little tolerance to it. Maybe come right out and ask them: If you see your supervisor kick a mentally retarded guy in the face will you report it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If you see your supervisor kick a mentally retarded guy in the face will you report it?

absolutely, I would even film it. But this is why the Police are NOT to be trusted. Regardless of what we have been taught since kindergarten, the police are not there to protect you, they are not there to save you. They are there to clean up the mess and possibly find out what happened.

Then again, Im the kind of guy that will stand up at a company meeting and tell the CEO of a corporation that he is "a stupid Mother moronic dip with the brains of a turnip" which it turns out, they fire you for???

and that is why I work for myself
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I don’t know everything about Dorner but how do we know he was “in a mind state of psychosis” prior to being fired? Are we just assuming that? How is it that we assume his rampage justified his termination from the LAPD?

He was fired for filing a false police report when actually we should suspect it was for whistle blowing. Cops file false reports all the time and don’t get fired for it. Case in point – Rodney King.

Not everyone is cut out to witness the LAPD corruption up close and personal, especially when targeted by it. Maybe they should have a disclaimer or a screening test at the academy eliminating those with little tolerance to it. Maybe come right out and ask them: If you see your supervisor kick a mentally retarded guy in the face will you report it?
    A psychosis is a very broad term which covers everything from the most aberrant to the most extreme cases such as schizophrenia. Dorner harbored, nurtured and later took action. This behavior is not that of a mentally stable person which processes the information and deals with it or sees there is a problem processing it and seeks help.

You sort of answered your own question, if that's what you want to call it. He witnessed things that he was not mentally or emotionally prepared for. It was not like he walked into his house and found his wife honky tonkin another man and popped a fuse and killed them on the spur of the moment.

Ever been to skid row in L.A? I used to have to go down there now and then to take care of a few buildings. I was not prepared for what I saw and FREAKING HATED going there, but I did not go loco and start shooting up my employers office for sending me there. I did some research and came to know the guy who ran one of the missions down there and even help dole out some turkey on T.G. and Xmas days. Man, did I learn allot and came to pity the people instead of looking at them with disgust.

Your Rodney King "point" has no merit, nor does your final paragraph.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 02-14-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: fixed some booboos
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    absolutely, I would even film it. But this is why the Police are NOT to be trusted. Regardless of what we have been taught since kindergarten, the police are not there to protect you, they are not there to save you. They are there to clean up the mess and possibly find out what happened.

Then again, Im the kind of guy that will stand up at a company meeting and tell the CEO of a corporation that he is "a stupid Mother moronic dip with the brains of a turnip" which it turns out, they fire you for???

and that is why I work for myself
    Oh no say it ain't so.......you have a temper like me? Must me a namesake thing, our mothers doomed us from birth....yeah that's it, we are victims like Dorner was. LOL.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Oh no say it ain't so.......you have a temper like me? Must me a namesake thing, our mothers doomed us from birth....yeah that's it, we are victims like Dorner was. LOL.
    Nah neither one of you is off as far as corny but he did surprise me lately and didn't go jack up the car thief he saw in his neigboorhood sneaking around early in the morning like Zimmerman did. Kinda of disapointed in him there. LOL. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Nah neither one of you is off as far as corny but he did surprise me lately and didn't go jack up the car thief he saw in his neigboorhood sneaking around early in the morning like Zimmerman did. Kinda of disapointed in him there. LOL. Thank you very much
    It was probably one of those relatives he's always talking about.

Yes I have anger issues, I control it very nicely with Capt'n Morgan.
    BEING AN ADULT

Humm..... here is a nice Valentine Day jingle you all might like at least those with a little sense of humor there and if not well then "sin loy" (sorry about that jack).

Roses are red

Violets are blue

My heart is on fire

And Dorner is too.

Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Yes I have anger issues, I control it very nicely with Capt'n Morgan.
    You better tell the Capt'n I did not appreciate him kicking my little Grey Goose when I was on my way to The Glenlevit to see the good Dr. McGillicuddy's.

You better tell the Capt'n I did not appreciate him kicking my little Grey Goose when I was on my way to The Glenlevit to see the good Dr. McGillicuddy's.
    Aye, It couldn't have been the Capt'n, we were out of ice, so we be steering north for a time
    BEING AN ADULT

A psychosis is a very broad term which covers everything from the most aberrant to the most extreme cases such as schizophrenia. Dorner harbored, nurtured and later took action. This behavior is not that of a mentally stable person which processes the information and deals with it or sees there is a problem processing it and seeks help.

You sort of answered your own question, if that's what you want to call it. He witnessed things that he was not mentally or emotionally prepared for. It was not like he walked into his house and found his wife honky tonkin another man and popped a fuse and killed them on the spur of the moment.

Ever been to skid row in L.A? I used to have to go down there now and then to take care of a few buildings. I was not prepared for what I saw and FREAKING HATED going there, but I did not go loco and start shooting up my employers office for sending me there. I did some research and came to know the guy who ran one of the missions down there and even help dole out some turkey on T.G. and Xmas days. Man, did I learn allot and came to pity the people instead of looking at them with disgust.

Your Rodney King "point" has no merit, nor does your final paragraph.
    Didn’t you say he was a psychotic nut as a Police Officer? If so, where is the evidence?

You were forced to go to skid row and witness those people, which you hated. Then you became sympathetic toward them. To compare that to Dorner’s experience is to be forced to go down there and witness a physical mistreatment of them and remain quite about it. And when you try to stop it you get fired…assuming Dorner’s accusations are true.

As for my comparison to Rodney King, those cops did write a false police report. Mr. Holliday didn’t reveal the famous video until later, after the falsified report was written. So why didn’t the LAPD fire them on the spot for that, or at least get the process started? But no, they vehemently defended them instead. I see merit and comparison.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast