Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Controls tech pay?

I'm interested in JCI vs Siemens in payscale. Are they similar? Is training good in both camps? Or, does one stand out quite a bit more? I'm not AS interested in the money as I am the overall experience and quality of training. I'd really appreciate your feedback, thank you.

P.S. This was posted in the members area but I don't have that clearance yet.

Where are you located?

I'd rather remain anonymous. But anyway, I know each branch is different in both companies. I'm just intrigued because I'm just starting out. Inquiring minds like to ask questions.

I'm kinda wondering the same. I'm in S. MS. Thinking something in a plant might be a little less strain on these old bones.

I guess no one wants to divulge. The old days of posting in a forum and getting answers are over. Too bad. :s

Kind of difficult to answer without knowing you location and experience.

We have two offices close by within driving distance and there is a 15 an hour difference in the two. So without you saying locations and how big the city is we cant help.

Pay will probably be fairly equal as well as training. Go apply at each one and be honest about your experience. I'd say with no experience you are probably looking @ $25K to $35K.
    What position do you want? Engineering, Tech, Install, Sales, Jr PM?
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

I'm in NYC and around here I've found starting pay for a guy that has some controls experience or mechanical experience $23 - $25 per hour. I used to be a building engineer but got tired of watching the clock turn backwards, I liked the controls aspect of things so made the jump last year.
    My 2 cents.

Here's the deal program Niagara framework you can have a job Anywhere. You're good 30 to 40 an hour

Employers are looking for someone who is smart enough to do the job but dumb enough to not know what they are worth.

incontrol nailed it!! I worked for a company in 1981 they charged $18per hr we had a couple of techs making $10per hr fast forward to today the Company I work for now charges well over $120 per hour, So this scale should have me making $65 per hour I wish.

I think it all depends on where you live. If cost of living index is high $$ is not worth as much so you get more / hr but if in an area where it is cheaper to live you make less / hr.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast