Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Giving up stem thermometers forever to check temp rise and drop.... I have been researching and found a Fluke dual port differential reading thermometer for over four hundred dollars...but made in China.
    That was the deal breaker.

    I want a good thermometer that does not need to be calibrated every time I use it.

    Curious as to what other techs are buying?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Use the fieldpiece dual temp. Never failed me and can field calibrate. Had for over a year now i guess and use almost daily

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i use the field piece daily , invaluable for my service work , can be heavy on batteries as it is easily switched on in error . st4 i think

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Charleston, Wv.
    i use the FP.....but with any K-type, you gotta calibrate every few months or so.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Austin, Texas
    For less than $50, you can get two FP folding probe thermometers. For delta Ts, it only matters if they are calibrated to each other. Been carrying two around in my bag for years. I have more expensive meters for actual temperatures. When I enter the home I lay both probes across the thermostat while talking with customer. I have the checked their thermostat and my thermometers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event