VVT Carrier zone controller

Hello guys:

I'm having trouble with a VVT Carrier zone controller M/N:33ZCVVTZC,thewre is RTU on roof that serves 6 classrooms with an individual space sensor per classroom, this one room is turning the heat on for no reason, teacher complains that is way too hot,space sensor reads 11.5 ohms@75F S/A sensor is also readind 11.6 @75F, both sensors are within range, the only other component that could mulfunctioning is the controller itself, its getting 24 V A/C, I also looked at the trend chart and is fluctuating up and down quite often, should I replace the controllers??? is there a way to troubleshoot it???. Thank you for any advice.

Is that zone actually calling for heat? Dampener not stuck open? Just asking, im more familiar with Honeywell.

yes, setpoints are 68 F for heat and 74F for cooling occupied, so anytime temp falls below 68 F it activates the heat, supplying the room with heated air, heat is to be off when temp is around 71F by the time heat is off, room temp is above 74F and teacher complaints at this point the cooling is activated, so I'm just trying to figure out how I can keep teps even, thanks for the erply.

On VVT I have been finding a plastic piece conected to the damper arm that is cracking which will cause the damper to stop moving.

Im intentionally being a little vague in my description. Apply for pro status and you will get much more help.

How many zones do you have , how many calling for heat, how many calling for cooling.

Most likely you have some calling for heat, the room that is not calling may be getting air through the vents... you have to physically check the dampers to make sure they closed when no call for heat and the system is in heat mode.

You also have to know the settings, is there is a min max setting..if this is a school there may be outside air issues you have to take into account.

What is the priority of the control, heat or cooling? You might have to get into the advance setup and choose on wich mode to prioritize, depending on your needs.