Post Likes

Revent oven temp

what's up you all!! any inputs I can get will help. how do I calibrate the temperature on a comercial Revent oven rack? the temp is jumping by 20 degrees, the thermostat seems to be sealed all my exhaust lines are cleaned and Vac motor all is good. any ideas i can get, thanks for the help

Post Likes
    Dont know what a rent oven is but on a residential oven a +- 25* temp swing is normal

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    I haven't worked on but a few Revents. I'm more familiar with older Baker's Aid rack ovens. Is the temp control electronic? Usually electronic controls require no calibration or, at most, setting an "offset" in the programming.

If it's a gas oven (most are), is the burner working properly? Proper gas pressure? Any intermittent issues in proving flame? Is there any buildup of debris around the heat exchanger?

You might try calling their tech support. Their number is 800-822-9642.

Post Likes
    What model? Does it have a combistat or digital controls? I'm not sure what you mean by "it's jumping 20 degrees". All rack ovens ( actually all ovens) will have a temperature swing. What matters is when the burner comes on and goes off. On IOC, IAC and GIAC controls it should call for heat about 5 degrees below set point. It then goes through a 30 second purge then lights the burner. The burner should shut down 1 or 2 degrees over set point. If you are watching the actual temperature during this time you will see a good temp swing. If this is the case my suggestion is dont watch it. Lol that is normal. Worry more about the average temp.
    The Revent will recover faster then most ovens.
    If it has a Combistat then the variation will be different. They haven't been used in over ten years.

If the oven is over five years old make sure it gets an annual OSHA required combustion analysis and heat exchanger check.

We have been Authurized service agents for Revent for 14 years. If you need parts we can beat most prices.

Post Likes
    Our Revent oven has a regular oven temp that is 80-100 degrees lower that the thermostat setting.
    How can we calibrate it? We are too rural for any Revent service providers to come see us.
    We have been able to work on it with a local HVAC guy but he want more info on this before he starts.
    How can we calibrate it?
    Possibly replace the whole temp control unit? It's analog. But the part is expensive so it we can make an adjustment we would like that.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    By analog, you're saying the thermostat is similar to what's pictured below?
    It has a knob in the middle to turn the red pointer to set point, then the black pointer shows actual temp? If that's what you got, then that's called a combistat. That's neither here nor there, though. It's still a thermostat. YES, a very expensive one too.

Generally, if ANY thermostat is suddenly off by more that 50°, then you should replace it. Just so you know.

Some combistats can be recalibrated. The Jumo version shown in my picture offers some (but not all) of theirs with a little hole in the glass through which a paperclip can be stuck in there to rotate the numbered dial, thereby re-indexing it to an accurate reading. If yours does that, it might have a little white plastic plug screwed into the hole that you'd need to remove first.
    It so happens that the one in my picture isn't one of those.

As for what you got on your Revent oven? I don't know whatcha got, but my guess is it can't be re-calibrated, so you'd need to replace it.

Before you do, make sure that it is INDEED a thermostat issue and not a problem elsewhere - like maybe a flame control issue (if it's gas).
    When you go to install the new one, use EXTREME care. No sharp bends in the capillary. Proper routing of the capillary so it doesn't get crushed when closing the panel or get pushed into electrical stuff (causing short and ruining your new combistat).

I don't know what type of mounting of the bulb Revent uses. Whether it's slid down into a sleeve or...use a nut and ferrule...or whatever. Just make sure the bulb is mounted correctly so it will sense correctly.

Here's that picture of a combistat:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    If it’s an old combistat as ECtofix is describing and it consistently holds that temp difference I would try moving the backing plate as he explained.