AHU Receiver Controller and Steam Valve?

Dear Sirs/Madam,
    We found the temp on the hot deck hunting from 40 to 80F on these cold days. The Hot Deck Receiver Controller was replaced now the Preheat valve will not close. In going into the receiver controller, but air not coming out to valve.

Any suggestions?

Bob

I would make sure the air line going to the preheat valve didn't have any leaks. A quick way to check this is to remove the line at the receiver controller and cap the output. If the output pressure goes up then you have a leak in the line or the steam valve actuator. I've also seen water in the branch lines that go through unheated spaces freeze which of course puts you in full heat.

I have pressure going into receiver controller and none out? Would that then be the smart logic silver box?
    Bob C.

Sounds like the r/c is not properly calibrated or have you checked to make sure the transmitter line is hooked up and reasons the correct temperature?

Sorry, reading the correct temperature

What make / model is the Reciever Controller , and as 501miller stated has it been properly setup ( ACTION correct ) and calibrated they are not out of the box useable in most cases.