Results 1 to 3 of 3

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Post Likes

    Water Main Leak Detection

    Does anyone know of a transmitter (Sound, Flow, Vibration, etc. etc.) to detect if a water main has failed? I have used excessive flow meters/detectors/sensors to perform this on natural gas piping systems but never on water main feeds that are buried.

    I can meter the main feed to the complex of 18 buildings and meter the individual buildings and do a delta on total summation comparison (Very Expensive). Not sure of any other concepts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Pacific Time Zone
    Post Likes
    What about a simple pressure transmitter?

    No sure if they are looking for minor breaks, but a major break you'd have a pressure loss.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Post Likes
    I use pressure switches or transmitters just because of pricing. Most are hardwired to shut off booster pumps and broadcast alarms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.