Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep'N It Cool View Post
    I have never been a big fan of headmaster valves, especially dealing with them in refrigeration situations. Fan control is always better in my opinion. I didn't think that sigh glass on the receiver was suppose to be full till you were up around 250 psi head pressure. I could be wrong. It sounds like you are stacking gas in your condenser from the cold temps, if you cut that stem you will bypass the headmaster and cause more stacking at those temps. Defiantly try blocking your condenser off again and try to maintain above 200 psi, and see what your suction does.
    Why do you prefer a fan cycling control as opposed to a headmaster? I'd take a headmaster any day.

You can put a variable speed fan control and have better control of your head pressures. Had so many issues with headmasters going bad I don't like them. Put a P66 on there for single phase, if you have a 3 phase go with a Motor Master V. You actually have a more constant head pressure with a fan control. Liebert uses P66's on all there air cooled stand up units.

You can put a variable speed fan control and have better control of your head pressures. Had so many issues with headmasters going bad I don't like them. Put a P66 on there for single phase, if you have a 3 phase go with a Motor Master V. You actually have a more constant head pressure with a fan control. Liebert uses P66's on all there air cooled stand up units.
    In Texas having a fan cycle switch is sufficient and will do its job but in colder geographic areas head pressure valves are best. A system can trip on low pressure with just a slight breeze if there are no wind baffles on them and just a fan cycle switch. Some applications will have both with the head pressure valve having a lower set point of the fan cycle switch.
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

I see what you're saying, I was prepared for you to tell me that turning the fan on/off was going to be better which I was going to clearly disagree with. P66's are just fine. I have 25 units with headmasters and I have never seen an issue with one yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12