+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anyone using the neatdesk organizer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

anyone using the neatdesk organizer?

i have been thinking about getting this digital filing system, tryneat.com. it looks handy. with three business' i have alot of related paperwork and scanning and filing and all the good stuff that comes with it can take a toll on a man, and my wife. i am wondering if it is as useful as it looks. anyone have or investigated it?

Post Likes
    The neat desk is a great tool.!
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    The neat desk is a great tool.!
    I agree....have mine for going on 3 years now - and really like it.

I think the basic difference between the Neat Desk and the Neat Receipt is speed.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    I agree....have mine for going on 3 years now - and really like it.

I think the basic difference between the Neat Desk and the Neat Receipt is speed.
    is the neat desk portable? i would need to take this with me as i bouce between biz'. how is it to use? i am not great at computers but am learning.

Post Likes
    what is the dif from the neat desk and the smaller one? sorry, i can't remember the name. i need portability.

Post Likes
    You can take the neat desk with you.....it's not very big. Problem is it needs a 115V power supply and USB to your computer. I'm not entirely sure of the requirements of the smaller version.

It's really a simply machine to use - scan in whatever you want a copy of, and it pops up on your computer screen.

The hardest part for me was setting up my "file cabinet"......and that wasn't overly tough to do.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

Post Likes
    does it come with a program? if so what does it do? do i still send it to my existing biz folders? sorry for all the questions. i want it bad but my wife is sceptical.

Post Likes
    Yeah, TryNeat is a program that is installed on your computer. The information from the scanner is kept within the program.

Basically the program consists of electronic file cabinets that you set up.....all it really is amounts to areas where you can quickly find the information you're looking for.

The program does allow you to convert images to PDF's and save them in other folders on your computer (folders unrelated to the TryNeat program).

When all is said and done - it's really nothing more than an electronic filing cabinet.....and while it does have a few little bells and whistles that I haven't really looked into - TryNeat does about what your current filing cabinet does.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    Yeah, TryNeat is a program that is installed on your computer. The information from the scanner is kept within the program.

Basically the program consists of electronic file cabinets that you set up.....all it really is amounts to areas where you can quickly find the information you're looking for.

The program does allow you to convert images to PDF's and save them in other folders on your computer (folders unrelated to the TryNeat program).

When all is said and done - it's really nothing more than an electronic filing cabinet.....and while it does have a few little bells and whistles that I haven't really looked into - TryNeat does about what your current filing cabinet does.
    thanks, you guy's are a big help. i think i will go pick one up tomorow.

Post Likes
    There is a portable version , I have he office one and the car one - ask bout it when u go
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Post Likes
    There is a portable version , I have he office one and the car one - ask bout it when u go
    what is the difference between the two? i am kinda leaning towards the portable one. i need it to be easely moved and set up each time? do you prefer one over the other? with the portable one, does it need to be hooked up for every scan or does it have some storage?

Post Likes
    No don't do the portable- u must have the office one-

Post Likes
    I'm confused.

Ask about the portable one, but don't get the portable one?

No don't do the portable- u must have the office one-

Post Likes
    I think you get the office one with the program and pay extra for portable one.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Just ordered the desktop version from Amazon. Found it for $299. plus $9.00 shipping
    Doug

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Just ordered the desktop version from Amazon. Found it for $299. plus $9.00 shipping
    thats cheap!! i think it is usually just shy of $400. i am still torn as to which one to buy. i need to be able to take it with me but i don't want to sacrafice anything important either.

Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in