Ceiling install question

A ceiling mounted mini-split console would work very well in my kitchen/dining room area in terms of looks and outside access for tubing, as the only usable spot for a wall mounted unit is a glass block wall that would have to be pretty much destroyed. But my ceiling is sloped. I've heard conflicting opinions, like yes for excellent drainage or no for tray overflow. The console would be near a side wall corner, through which all lines would be run down to the outside unit, sitting on a concrete slab in the backyard.

Cooling use only (I'm in the Caribbean).

All advice appreciated.

Thanks!

To mount it to a sloped ceiling you could consider building up a wedge style mounting platform attached to the ceiling that would either position the unit as if it was on a flat celing or verticle like it was on a wall.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    To mount it to a sloped ceiling you could consider building up a wedge style mounting platform attached to the ceiling that would either position the unit as if it was on a flat celing or verticle like it was on a wall.
    Thanks!
    In fact, one of the installers I talked to suggested suspending the front of the console wit steel rods in order to keep it level.
    So it seems that there is definitely a problem with trying to put one of these on a slanted ceiling.

Bye-bye glass blocks...