Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    With a job like yours, one would think you could afford a Sunday service call. ??
    There is no bad beer, some just taste better than others.

Info not needed in the AOP forum.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-10-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: unsafe info for the AOP forums
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by talktowags View Post
    With a job like yours, one would think you could afford a Sunday service call. ??
    Not with cost of living in NJ and one income. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gd420mj View Post
    Not with cost of living in NJ and one income. Lol.
    It's pretty cold here in NJ. I think you are nuts for going with no heat. Hopefully you have a fireplace or something. Part of the reason I work and have $ in the bank is to use it when I need to. Money has no owners, only spenders. Quit being cheap!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gd420mj View Post
    Those warnings also say not remove covers, don't touch wiring, blah blah, I know all the warnings. I work on everything. They protect general public who doesnt know what a screw driver is or especially the difference in hsi units. I'm an aerospace electo-mechanical engineer by trade. Appliances are a bit on the simple end. Of course, I don't know all the nuances of everything. Hence, gas is flowing, why can't I light it. But now I know why.
    Thanks again for those that answered. I really appreciate the help.
    So you are booksmart, street stupid. If you have such great knowledge of your trade, you should have such a good job that you could afford a new furnace today, and at the very least pay a hvac contractor to come out and solve your problem.

In california the child protective services would take away your children and give them to a same gender atracted couple for failing to provide a heated living enviroment. Is it worth $$ to be cold for 3 days? If your ignitor is going out every year you have additional problems. Anyway, good luck, and dont wait till Friday to realize you cant fix it yourself.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-10-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: price
    Living the dream !!

I'm surprised the thermostat didn't get changed first, that seems to be a reoccurring theme lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I'm surprised the thermostat didn't get changed first, that seems to be a reoccurring theme lol
    do we know it wasn't?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Damn. People are really mean here. Glad im not in hvac trade. At least I got my answer. I trouble shot my problem and know what is wrong. I need a $ part. If had $$ to get tech, I would have. But I'm broke poor and that's just the way it is. I asked the professionals here because I didn't know. That's how I educate myself for next time. And I thank the two professionals that promptly answered my questions. I certainly didn't come here for a shouting match. Hmmm, can we close this thread now. Oh my.

Pricing isn't allowed
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 02-11-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makinhole View Post
    If your ignitor is going out every year you have additional problems. Anyway, good luck, and dont wait till Friday to realize you cant fix it yourself.
    Well I never said the hsi went out every year. I'd say it's about 17-18 yrs old. As is the whole system. I think it did well.
    Thanks once more for the helpful posts. I will not be back to this thread. Have fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12