Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New forum problems

For the second time now in the last couple of days while replying to a post I have been booted out saying that I'm not logged in and don't have access, each time it was during a lengthy post and I'm not going to retype everything lost. I find this very frustrating, if possible would the moderator please reply and advise. Thank you.

Hey onetime im sure jrbeeny can help you he is from fisherville ky.

Is there a problem, borgis?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    For the second time now in the last couple of days while replying to a post I have been booted out saying that I'm not logged in and don't have access, each time it was during a lengthy post and I'm not going to retype everything lost. I find this very frustrating, if possible would the moderator please reply and advise. Thank you.
    It would appear to me that it's a cookie handling issueon your PC. However, I have sent an email to the Site Administrator.

I don't think it is a cookie issue. It happens on my computers here and the ones I use at home. Typing away and poof, gone.

I have started typing on a word doc page then pasting it here. This just started happening a few weeks ago.

It doesn't happen all the time during a post. It does happen when I come back in the site and I think I know how the site software works with the cookies and my computer settings. It just has a heck of a time with my account.

I do know that the site seems to work better if you open http://hvac.talk.com without using the WWW. But that doesn't change or fix the remember me or cookie issue.

as a person who blabs on forums endlessly , take my advice,

when ever you make a long post , go to your computer, open your notepad , and copy and save your post before you press any buttons, it takes 2 seconds.

forums log out and are set up to not accept certain character typing,
    servers have errors,
    and sometimes Java and Windows just feel like closing

I mod a site and it is all set like this in the admin panel for cookies.

In the panel is session timeout and path to save cookies. I am sure they have this set correctly. Just a suggestion to the mods. Also vb has another upgrade due to a patch with this setting,

vBulletin 3.5.7

The discovery of a potential cross-site scripting (XSS) issue in the administrators control panel has necessitated the preventative release of vBulletin 3.5.7 Due to several mitigating factors, this issue is hard to exploit and careful browsing by the admins can prevent it entirely. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend that all of our customers upgrade or apply the patch as soon as possible.

Updating your vBulletin to combat the XSS issue:

Please note that this issue is present in other versions of vBulletin as well. Please see the appropriate announcement!

You have two options to fix the XSS issue:
    Full Upgrade: The best way to fix the problem is to perform a full upgrade, downloading the complete 3.6.4 package from the vBulletin Members' Area and following the regular upgrade instructions.
    Branch Upgrade: You may also upgrade to the latest version in the 3.5.x series, 3.5.7.
    Patch: A third option is to download the patch files discussed in this thread and upload them to your web server, overwriting the existing files. The patch is available from the Members' Area patch page!
    If you absolutely cannot apply the patch or upgrade...

We strongly recommend you actively take steps to address this issue. However, if this is not possible, we recommend that administrators only log into the control panel when work is necessary. While you are logged into the control panel, do not click unknown links. Log out from the control panel using the link in the upper right of the screen immediately after finishing your work. If you are unexpectedly presented with the control panel login screen after clicking a link, do not login.

Mods maybe check this link out
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209719

We are using 3.6.4.

Look at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the idea. Hope the admins can get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    We are using 3.6.4.

Look at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the idea. Hope the admins can get it fixed.
    Yeah JR I know what version you are using but soon after VB had to do the upgrade to 3.7
    to solve some bugs and issues.

Your welcome

You're an okay guy. Even thought you sent me a gay lighthouse shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by borgis View Post
    Hey onetime im sure jrbeeny can help you he is from fisherville ky.

Which is actually a very nice part of the state.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast