Views: 2027
Size:  45.7 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2261
Size:  26.2 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1955
Size:  52.1 KB
    Hope the pics work. This is a RTU that I went out to a few weeks ago with another tech. He said he was having rollout switch issues whenever it got windy. I pointed out the exhaust. He said he thought that was problem too but didn't know what to do. I had to go back about a week later same thing reset rollout. Called other tech and suggested to extend exhaust, I know it's probably not the best thing to reinvent things but what els can you do sometimes. I also suggested inspecting behind collector box to make sure HX wasn't plugged, he said he already checked HX. So today I had to go back again I decided to try the exhaust extension. I'm not happy with it but what can I do. The thing I don't get is it looked like they went through great length to jam the thing in there why the heck would they not have taken something so obvious into consideration. Guess you can't fix stupid.

Post Likes
    Are u guys the installing contractor? Seems to me the installing contractor. Made his money and moved on

Post Likes
    No we didn't install this, I think it's just a problem we inherited this fall.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Yah I was shaking my head the hole time I was there. Makes me fell like a hack to have to do something like this but like I said what else can I do. I would prefer not to have to climb up there and push the roll out every time we get some wind. I would like to see them just replace it but people are cheep and if the extension works it will just give them an excuse not to change it. If you can't tell stuff like this pisses me off. Lol

Post Likes
    At least you didn't find the roll out bypassed by the last guy.

Post Likes
    What a pile of junk

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    just what is that thing in the return that the flue was up against?

Dave would be so proud
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    I wondered why the duct went up like that too. Looked to me that poss. That was were the previous system hooked up to and they just hacked this one into place.

Post Likes
    I just worked on one of these last week

Post Likes
    Well we had some fairly stiff breezes this weekend and this morning, I went back to this POS and found that its running just fine. Customer is happy. I guess time will tell if the flew extension has done the trick, but so far it's looking good. I did take a closer look at the ducts up there and yes they are all wacky because they used to be connected to another unit and they were just cobbled on to with this unit.

Post Likes
    Why the heck would someone put that there? Do they only sell package units there or something? Can't get a split?

Post Likes
    I didn't bother to ask who installed it chances are there not in bizz anymore by the looks of this thing. Get there money and run must have been there motto.

Post Likes
    I'd bet $ that HX is cracked if your resting the rollout. I have seen it 100 times. I hate those units. Bring a drill pull the top. Did I mention I hate those units

Post Likes
    We pulled the top first found no cracks.

Post Likes
    The other thing is that it would run for weeks until we got high wind situation then it would trip. After finding no cracks or blockage of HX the only thing we could think of is that the wind was whipping around and blocking off the exhaust. I guess we will see I'm waiting for it to get windy again.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in