Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 75
  1. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    crackertech, the man says it's equipped with split. I am going by what he says.
    It has the capability to run split in HR but it is not set up for this. And I did see the fast recovery setpoint, I believe was @ 250.

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    try us

    everyone here has seen a lot!

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,077
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsparky View Post
    It has the capability to run split in HR but it is not set up for this. And I did see the fast recovery setpoint, I believe was @ 250.
    it's gonna run split regardless of HR. Split is almost always done by ambient value. No matter what happens, fast recovery is gonna unsplit if head goes above the fast recovery setting.

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsparky View Post
    I think I'm going to have to find the book again for the RMCC to see if it will open the other condenser if pressure becomes too high while in split for reclaim.
    Yes, it will unsplit on pressure.

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,077
    Hows this. Go prove or disprove our thoughts. This is what this is all about.

  6. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    If he works for the major chain down here than there is no split that far down unless it's a real old store.Then it's still not likely.
    You've got me thinking now, I have 5 racks @ this store and I'm almost positive that this rack is the only one with a split condenser. The other rack which also has air reclaim, had to of had the other condenser removed because there sure is alot of extra space on that stand up there.

  7. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    try us

    everyone here has seen a lot!
    Lol your right. I see a lot of messed up stuff after a remodel job. Here's one: Got a call on a Friday @ 3pm saying there's a huge racket on the roof and the little old ladies are afraid to go down the frozen section. Ok, I get there, I don't hear much going on, all the fans are quiet, I'm thinking they are crazy. So the manager tells me it's not all the time just every now and again. So then I throw something in defrost. The DDR valve starts shaking the whole damn motor room. Well, not exactly what I wanted to do on a Friday but I go out and get a rebuild for the DDR. Come back, start pumping the rack down, go to isolate the condenser, wait a minute......they removed the split condenser, but they also cut out the ball valve to the inlet....back to the supply house for a ball valve....That was a long damn night.

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsparky View Post
    It has the capability to run split in HR but it is not set up for this. And I did see the fast recovery setpoint, I believe was @ 250.

    Yep if it's R-22.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    I can tell you this and Pat will back me up on this. We had 65 stores here, all lead pumps, if not more than lead pumps, wired and dipswitch wrong for unloading. So, controller asking to load up, and unloading. It does not take mych to control something wrong, and then the cheaters who don't want to fix leaks.

    I am telling ya. If it were fugged up capacity wise, (parallel capacity done in series) not saying it's not possible, but it's always my last blame.
    I will back you up....seen more f'd up stuff in my short time in TX than my entire time in the field previously.

    One thing is for certain - I no longer assume ​ANYTHING....
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

  10. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    Yep if it's R-22.
    So I guess Monday I'm going to try to make it over there and split while in HR and see what happens. Crackertech, where are you in Florida? Sounds like we may even work for the same company or might know some of the same people. I've only been doing this a few years but I've learned the supermarket world is soooo small.

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    DFW Metroplex
    Posts
    4,910
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsparky View Post
    Lol your right. I see a lot of messed up stuff after a remodel job. Here's one: Got a call on a Friday @ 3pm saying there's a huge racket on the roof and the little old ladies are afraid to go down the frozen section. Ok, I get there, I don't hear much going on, all the fans are quiet, I'm thinking they are crazy. So the manager tells me it's not all the time just every now and again. So then I throw something in defrost. The DDR valve starts shaking the whole damn motor room. Well, not exactly what I wanted to do on a Friday but I go out and get a rebuild for the DDR. Come back, start pumping the rack down, go to isolate the condenser, wait a minute......they removed the split condenser, but they also cut out the ball valve to the inlet....back to the supply house for a ball valve....That was a long damn night.
    While not so dramatic, myself and Dow (to an extent) were involved in solving a Tyler RIFF drain icing problem that has been going on since the store was put in (early 2000's).

    Not just a case here and there - every damn RIFF case in the store (~ 35 some odd cases) were icing up non-stop.

    Ultimately found the installing contractor had wired the incoming fan power, first through the defrost termination klixon......then to the fan delay/drain pan heater klixon. As soon as the termination klixon opened, (usually within the first 5-7 minutes of gas defrost) power feed to drain pan heaters was killed. Been running that way for 10-12 years.
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsparky View Post
    So I guess Monday I'm going to try to make it over there and split while in HR and see what happens. Crackertech, where are you in Florida? Sounds like we may even work for the same company or might know some of the same people. I've only been doing this a few years but I've learned the supermarket world is soooo small.

    I'm in Sarasota. Your way south of our company's Southern line.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,667

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event