Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I was thinking that if it were in split, when not in HR, thats my 40%. Say it was not split and no HR. Correctly done with parallel I would expect to see 0% in normal since I see 0% in HR = Undercharged.

I am assuming correct application of parallel. That they did not do a parallel as a series.

That was my theory. And just needs to be proved.

To answer Pat, to go high head on HR with out Blower on, then you know this makes Matt's theory. If it were in true parallel you ought to expect to go high with no blower (condenser fan).

I dunno. I hope we get updates on this guy.

So you're saying it's worked this way for a hundred years and only now has someone taken the time to figure it out? Sounds familiar...
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    0% in HR with blower on. 20% in HR with blower off. 40% in air cooled and no HR.

It is equipped with split. We don't know if it was in split. I thought it was first read.

I see what your saying Matt.
    So if I understand this correctly, liquid refrigerant is logging in the HR, which gets worse when the blower turns on, due to increased airflow across the HR.

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    So, juice the rack up to 80% receiver level and let 'er fly...........

LOL I'd love to but I know that's never going to happen as we pay for gas and its 22.
    Wow, thanks for so many replies. Just got back from running a few calls.

And I'm positive that it never goes into split while in HR. It is controlled by ambient temp sensor. I'm still learning ALOT about these stores so I'm not even sure if any are set to do this. I'm used to wally world's simple hot water reclaim setup.

I think I'm going to have to find the book again for the RMCC to see if it will open the other condenser if pressure becomes too high while in split for reclaim.

I really don't think its split that far South and knowing the main chain down here.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    So you're saying it's worked this way for a hundred years and only now has someone taken the time to figure it out? Sounds familiar...
    Sounds like someone has done something to the other systems.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsparky View Post
    I starting to lean towards the heat reclaim coil is too large and with the A/C on the liquid is staying in the reclaim coil or condenser. Run's like a 2 1/8" line to and from. Someone has cut come circuits out of the other reclaim coil on the other McQuay.
    Someone cut circuits out of the other reclaim coil, making it work for series operation.

I really am suspect of the split myself. And this is my stubbornness. How many guys know to jagoof the controller to keep it in split to keep liquid up and not fix it?

I don't know if I am on something, Pat is on something or Matt is on the issue. But I do know to comprehend this and all understand each others speculation, just tells me I keep good smart company.

fast recovery????????????????????

crackertech, the man says it's equipped with split. I am going by what he says.

Man you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've found since I've taken these stores over

I can tell you this and Pat will back me up on this. We had 65 stores here, all lead pumps, if not more than lead pumps, wired and dipswitch wrong for unloading. So, controller asking to load up, and unloading. It does not take mych to control something wrong, and then the cheaters who don't want to fix leaks.

I am telling ya. If it were fugged up capacity wise, (parallel capacity done in series) not saying it's not possible, but it's always my last blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    crackertech, the man says it's equipped with split. I am going by what he says.

If he works for the major chain down here than there is no split that far down unless it's a real old store.Then it's still not likely.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by steelsparky View Post
    Man you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've found since I've taken these stores over
    try us

everyone here has seen a lot!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast