Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    The fact that your falling to 0% during HR, also tells me the Heat Reclaim is condensing liquid all by itself, as Mathew is saying.

What Matt (phaseloss) is saying is, a Series Heat Reclaim would only be big enough to desuperheat. And you may have proven this this. You forced reclaim, with Blower off. It did not condense. You did not swallow up all of your liquid in the receiver. You turn the blower on, and whammo, she drops.

When the blower is on and the fact it is condensing, Matt, and I agree, were speculating the Heat Reclaim was intentionally designed to be a parallel design, which is not all that uncommon but misunderstood. In a parallel design, you do not divert to air cooled condenser while in Heat Reclaim, but use HR as the condenser. It's sized to do all the work by itself.
    If the HR coil is being used as the condenser (parallel), and is sized to take on the rack load in the same manner as the roof condenser is sized to reject the heat....why 0% receiver in HR and 40% w/no HR?

With all things being equal, and the refrigerant not caring through which condenser coil it changes from a superheated vapor to a subcooled liquid, wouldn't one expect a minimal effect on receiver level regardless of whether HR is active or not?
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

Pat, I though I understood it that when he goes into HR it drops. Let me go reread it. MY Add MAY HAVE BEEN RELAPSING.

Pat, I though I understood it that when he goes into HR it drops. Let me go reread it. MY Add MAY HAVE BEEN RELAPSING.
    Maybe it's me that's suffering from dumba$$ syndrome today.........I think you read it correctly. Obviously I'm missing something.
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

he's undercharged was my interpretation. here I am going on and on and on.

My theory and what made me think along the lines of parallel. And it's just a theory.

in normal condenser, he's in split and has 40. Split it not gonna not be the same capacity as full. But when he goes into HR, he loses it all. (Full capacity).

or: Not isolating the other condenser.

They think that the HR coil was sized for a parallel set up and ended up being piped series? Would you have to pump out the condenser in a parallel setup when it switches to the heat reclaim?

he's undercharged was my interpretation. here I am going on and on and on.

My theory and what made me think along the lines of parallel. And it's just a theory.

in normal condenser, he's in split and has 40. Split it not gonna not be the same capacity as full. But when he goes into HR, he loses it all. (Full capacity).
    I guess I didn't see where steelsparky mentioned the condenser was in split with no HR.....only that he noticed there was the ability to do so via RMCC.

Now I gotta read the whole fuggen OP again...

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    If the HR coil is being used as the condenser (parallel), and is sized to take on the rack load in the same manner as the roof condenser is sized to reject the heat....why 0% receiver in HR and 40% w/no HR?
    Because I believe his reclaim coil was designed for parallel operation, but is actually running in series.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsparky View Post
    So today right around 15:00 I noticed something but didn't have time to get into it as I just went on call for the weekend. I was leak checking the Mcquay heat reclaim AGAIN so I shut it down, my 3 way valve de-energizes and liquid goes up to 40%. So I force on the 3way valve to pressurize the coil, don't find anything and come back to the rack. The blower for the McQuay is now off, reclaim is on and the liquid level is staying dead nuts @ 20%. I actually had liquid coming back, it climbed up to 30% and stayed for 30 mins. It was maintaining 190 head but now ALL of my condenser fans were on. Then I said WTF, turned the blower back on, reclaim comes on and all condenser fans shut off and runs 190 head and there goes my liquid level again down the tank.
    Shane, if this were a parallel set up - wouldn't we expect the rack to trip on head instead of.....

Quote Originally Posted by steelsparky
    True but while simulating this condition I did not have the A/C or blower on in the McQuay. It was powered down @ the service disconnect. And the HR shift was not in place (220) bc the relay was forced. And the fans did start cutting out for me after about 20 mins but I still had more than usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    Because I believe his reclaim coil was designed for parallel operation, but is actually running in series.
    Oh.....I'm with ya now.

Quote Originally Posted by dangpgt97 View Post
    They think that the HR coil was sized for a parallel set up and ended up being piped series? Would you have to pump out the condenser in a parallel setup when it switches to the heat reclaim?
    Yes, it must pump out the inactive coil. Either one of them, depending on which mode it is in.

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    I guess I didn't see where steelsparky mentioned the condenser was in split with no HR.....only that he noticed there was the ability to do so via RMCC.

Now I gotta read the whole fuggen OP again...
    I'm with MT on this.

The OP mentioned that the condenser has the ability to split.

but never said if it was in split or not, or even whats controlling split... ambient? pressure? nobody knows

So, juice the rack up to 80% receiver level and let 'er fly...........

0% in HR with blower on. 20% in HR with blower off. 40% in air cooled and no HR.

It is equipped with split. We don't know if it was in split. I thought it was first read.

I see what your saying Matt.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast