Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As far as american standard residential ng, it is almost identical to trane. They are made on the same assembly line. Same parts too.And yes i like trane amer. standard. All manuf, are getting cheaper and cheaper in manufacturing their units tho. Lots of recalls on junk parts.

I read somewhere that there is about 60 brands now made by 7 major manufacturers. IMO there is very little difference between any brand, but LOTS of difference in the contractors and the advertising/marketing cost that each manufacturer "hides" within their price structure. If you hear about a manufacturer constantly (or they have great sales incentive trips), it's a good bet that their equipment will reflect these programs within their pricing. I've personally been on those trips, so do know a little about those "programs" along with the "cash rebates" they often offer the public (free). Oh yeah, there is and never has been a free rebate program, just a play on wording. The end user ALWAYS pays for this kind of stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    In thinking "iron fireman"
    You would think so if you collect their furnace memorabilia!

K-god is showing his age

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    im starting to be disappointed in Trane although it is the one i have worked on the most in the last 8 years
    Trane went WAY downhill in about 2002. If they would spend more money on R&D and less on Tranewashing people, they might actually satisfy a customer one day.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    Trane went WAY downhill in about 2002. If they would spend more money on R&D and less on Tranewashing people, they might actually satisfy a customer one day.
    While I will say we have many happy customers with all makes and models of Trane equipment. I will have to agree to disagree with you on
    Decline of their products if anything they have done some pretty good things with their equipment line.

I am not saying Trane is the best but as you stated the comment about tranewashing a customer the same applys for other contractors saying Trane is junk and not to use. Same differance as me saying goodman (example) is not a good line of equipment. It all boils down to the install of proper sized and installed equipment for customers.

The reason I said Trane is simple I have installed many Trane systems with no problems and some with problems just like any other manfactor of equipment they all have pros and cons. My company just chooses to install Trane why because I belive in their product as I have access to many of the other name brands but choose Trane. I am a big beliver in recommended to my customers all options available. One of the most poperly questions I get is what is in your home?

Trane XR15 heat pump with variable speed air handler in which I have demoed for customers. I have had a Least 5 customers come to my home to see this unit in action and once done so they have bought the same and diffrent Trane equipment. Once they see that I belive in the Trane product and had it installed in my home it is easy for them to purchase a Trane system.

Any system installed regardless of name has to be sized and installed propely for it to work right. Just my 2 Cents on the matter!

Duckman,
    I'll not agree, or disagree with any brand "preference" however my experience (of many years) has been that we do business with suppliers with which we have a good working relationship. The person who we deal with directly on up to the people we deal with occasionally make up our "opinion" of the brand (simply by association). I'm sure your relationship with Trane has been that way, however I've had contacts over the years who have also had less than ideal relationships with same company, just as we have had with other companies. As mentioned earlier, EVERY company has some piece of equipment that the end user has not been happy with so no brand is perfect. The relationship and trust the company's reps put in you as a dealer is what makes the difference on how far you can go to keep an unhappy customer content. We get a lot of calls from our local Goodman Dist. rep to take care of some un-happy customers just because they know we are a competent contractor. Some of these installs are less than ideal, I can attest to that, however any reputable manufacturer will attempt to make things right with the end using customer if possible. Sounds like you enjoy your association with Trane!

I wasn't trying to start a brand war, just heard the trane horn blowing and had to intervene. They are not "all that" as they, and the dealers try to make out. What I find disgusting about them is that they have had major equipment problems, as all manufacturers have had at one time or another, but Trane refuses to admit it. One local dealer here almost lost his business because of warranty work and very upset customers.

I wasn't trying to start a brand war, just heard the trane horn blowing and had to intervene. They are not "all that" as they, and the dealers try to make out. What I find disgusting about them is that they have had major equipment problems, as all manufacturers have had at one time or another, but Trane refuses to admit it. One local dealer here almost lost his business because of warranty work and very upset customers.
    x2

This is 2013, Every manufacturer these days is subject to the bean counters and stock prices and getting cheap parts from China with "Quality-Engineering" LAST. Trane still carries the perception they are the same manufacturer as 20 years ago...but today they are not. They have changed hands 2 times since then. (And are on their third group of bean counters and management)

Manufacturer's are all the same.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-12-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Bryant and Goodman????????

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by n.e.techjim View Post
    trane and American standard are the same.carrier and Bryant and goodman are the same.york and coleman are the same. but American standard is the better of them its the quality
    WHAT?????????? I mean to the whole post.WHAT??????????????

WHAT?????????? I mean to the whole post.WHAT??????????????
    He's not allowed to answer. This is the AOP, and he isn't a Pro * Member.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast