Problem with brand new boiler

I live at the Jersey Shore and had 2 feet of water in my house. I had my hot water boiler that runs my baseboard heat system replaced following Superstorm Sandy. Three months later, the new boiler has burned out. Ut won't re-light at all. The HVAC installer is blaming the carpenters doing the work on my house because of too much dust. He is now seeking money from the general contractor and myself to replace the 3 month old boiler. Shouldn't there be warranties in place and incentives for the HVAC company to reinstall from the manufacturer? Isn't there a small amount of sucking in a boiler does since it is a boiler system and everything radiates out? I see nothing where dust can blow out a boiler, I only see writeups where dust can impede the efficiency. Any advice on this would be very helpful.

if it was damaged by construction being done on the house it would not be covered by any warranty.
    might want to get someone else to look at it to confirm whats wrong.

What kind of boiler? Did they define "burned out"?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    What kind of boiler? Did they define "burned out"?
    What baldie asked.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by bleach87 View Post
    I live at the Jersey Shore and had 2 feet of water in my house. I had my hot water boiler that runs my baseboard heat system replaced following Superstorm Sandy. Three months later, the new boiler has burned out. Ut won't re-light at all. The HVAC installer is blaming the carpenters doing the work on my house because of too much dust. He is now seeking money from the general contractor and myself to replace the 3 month old boiler. Shouldn't there be warranties in place and incentives for the HVAC company to reinstall from the manufacturer? Isn't there a small amount of sucking in a boiler does since it is a boiler system and everything radiates out? I see nothing where dust can blow out a boiler, I only see writeups where dust can impede the efficiency. Any advice on this would be very helpful.
    I had one experience of a cast iron iron boiler used for, o during new construction, where the burners were actually plugged with dust. It was a utica boiler and had soot buildup on the heat exchanger. It was converted to lp properly

What kind if boiler are we talking about? Cast iron? Condensing? Wall hung? Is it a electronics issue or a sooting issue?

if the boiler got flooded it will void any warranty .i would think repairing it would be less than replacing it
    We really need change now