+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JCI FX Niagara Training Manual

Post Likes

JCI FX Niagara Training Manual

We have a site that is holding us to the "Classroom training" section of the specs. They want a formal sit down classroom based training session. Does anybody have a manual or script they have used? Looking for something other than the Workbench User Manual to use with these guys. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cphreak View Post
    We have a site that is holding us to the "Classroom training" section of the specs. They want a formal sit down classroom based training session. Does anybody have a manual or script they have used? Looking for something other than the Workbench User Manual to use with these guys. Thanks.
    Hire this guy to come train them or send them to him: www.movtraining.com

Post Likes
    I have the actual FX training manual from a JCI class. The bad part is, it was scanned from the orginal manual, so the resolution sucks. I have it in PDF, if you interested I can email it to you. Also MOV I don't believe covers JCI stuff, mostly honeywell. The FX class does cover some stuff on N2 devices.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    I have the actual FX training manual from a JCI class. The bad part is, it was scanned from the orginal manual, so the resolution sucks. I have it in PDF, if you interested I can email it to you. Also MOV I don't believe covers JCI stuff, mostly honeywell. The FX class does cover some stuff on N2 devices.
    Workbench is workbench. And probably a better class than JCI teaches.

Post Likes
    Thanks Norriski. Email me a copy if you can. I will be putting together the hardware/equipment side of it this weekend so any help I can get on the rest is greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Yes I have taken a class from Vern. I also agree with the fact that workbench is workbench. I work for a company who does both JCI, and Honeywell. I have done jobs with both, and JCI workbench does have some adds for JCI gear. Example bringing in PRN and DMO files for N2 controllers, the point extension manager, the JCI appliance that sets up default nav files, and users. These things are all different for Honeywell AX. If FX is what is installed at the site,then the training should apply.

Post Likes
    It's JCI FX. As much as it pains me to praise JCI I do like some of what the JCIAppliance brings to the party.

Post Likes
    I know JCI praise. Its hard to even say it!!

Post Likes
    PM me with your email, and I will get it to you.

Post Likes
    PM me with your email, and I will get it to you.
    Email is in profile. Thanks

Post Likes
    Headed your way!!

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help.

Post Likes
    Can you send e-mail me the manual?

Post Likes
    Can you please email the manual to me also? Looking to educate myself as much as possible before going to a class.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cphreak View Post
    Thanks Norriski. Email me a copy if you can. I will be putting together the hardware/equipment side of it this weekend so any help I can get on the rest is greatly appreciated.
    JCI recently published an end users guide, it's a down scaled version of the full blown guide. Maybe, 250 pages from 1250 pages. I would center your training around this guide.

Post Likes
    Can you send e-mail me the manual?
    Dr. ControlManiac

Post Likes
    Hey Norrisk any chance you still have the old FX training manual available? i went to the N4 johnson class and want to compare the manuals.

Post Likes
    Just as a heads up, I would check the EULA on the documents you're sending out to see if you're allowed to distribute class materials to people who haven't signed up for the class.

We're certainly not opposing anybody that wants to learn, but a few of our staff have worked for companies that host classes and it costs them $60-70k to develop class materials. If it was a class we hosted we wouldn't want our proprietary class material being distributed as it really compromises our investment.

Post Likes
    FX workbench user guide. You can go right to https://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com and find there also. Nothing needed but the internet!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EnerDapt, Inc. View Post
    Just as a heads up, I would check the EULA on the documents you're sending out to see if you're allowed to distribute class materials to people who haven't signed up for the class.

We're certainly not opposing anybody that wants to learn, but a few of our staff have worked for companies that host classes and it costs them $60-70k to develop class materials. If it was a class we hosted we wouldn't want our proprietary class material being distributed as it really compromises our investment.
    I totally get your point. Jci does not offer that class anymore. It is now obsolete. I only wanted to compare the ax class to the n4 class. I unfortunately went to the first training class for n4 that was offered by jci. Essentially it was the guinea pig. There was a handful of stuff they missed to cover during the week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in