Thread: Jace 8000 Fx80

Post Likes

Jace 8000 Fx80

Hey guys. i got had new install for a FX80 for site. Out of the box i had no problem connecting to it. Created a New Station for this particular job and then ran commissioning wizard. Only changes i really made was IP, passphases/passwords, and added license files. The wizard finished without any errors, green check marks and successful. waited like 10-15min and tried to connect with no success. Then pinged it and now its unreachable. I have a steady green status led and a flashing beat led that never stops. im thinking it is crashing on boot up. Looking for some help on this one as its my first fx80.

Post Likes
    Can you make a platform connection if so take a look at the application director. If not serial shell and recheck your network config.

Post Likes
    cant connect to it at all. double checked all my network configs.

Post Likes
    Any messages when serial shell connection is made?

Post Likes
    sorry for the late reply. so i made a serial connection and the platform booted up fine. ok now i feel like a dumbass because i noticed as it was booting the default ip was there. Now i triple checked before i commissioned that i changed it. i cant explain that one. im just glad i didnt turn it into a paper weight. thanks for your responses hvac69 really appreciate it.

Post Likes
    although i have another head scratcher im running into using fx workbench 14.1. I created a graphic in workbench for a device, but when i use a web browser to check how it works the graphic appears jumbled up. It works and appears fine in workbench with no problems. Only looking at it through a web browser ductwork and other icons are out of place or dont show at all. Im working off site and points arent live.

Post Likes
    What web profile are you using for the user?

The HTML 5 profile uses a HTML converter program that can sometimes mess with the objects' locations on a graphic. It may be the objects you're trying to use combined with the web profile.

Try changing to the default profiles and see if loading in the Applet fixes your issues.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EnerDapt, Inc. View Post
    What web profile are you using for the user?

The HTML 5 profile uses a HTML converter program that can sometimes mess with the objects' locations on a graphic. It may be the objects you're trying to use combined with the web profile.

Try changing to the default profiles and see if loading in the Applet fixes your issues.
    Yeah I just starting to read up on html5. That might of been the problem. For the job I was on, I just built a graphic from scratch. I was hoping to use a standard jci graphic and edit it to fit the rtu I was working on.

Post Likes
    Ya unfortunately some of the graphics we used in the past had the same HTML-5 problems when we tried to use the profile.

We ended up reverting to flat graphics since they've become the standard now for many other industry dashboards.