Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Delta Orcaview Questions

I just picked up a new job that has Delta Orcaview installed on the job site. I have never worked on this system before so I curious about some of the basics. This job was never completed because the building owner went bankrupt before all of the controls could be completed.

The customer would like us to finish up the Delta controls or install new controls. I saw that this system supports BACnet. Can I just install one of our BACnet controllers that I am familiar with and integrate it into this system?

I was also curious how to see the programming of the existing controllers? All I can see is the points list. I saw that this system uses GCL++. Do I need a separate software program to see/edit this or can I use Orcaview?

Can I perform all of the programming of the controllers from the local workstation running orcaview or do I need to plug into the controllers directly?

There are no graphics made up for this system. How can I build custom graphics for each of the controllers on this system? Can it be done in Orcaview?

I am basically looking for a overview of this system so that I can take care of the customer. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks!
    J. King

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    I just picked up a new job that has Delta Orcaview installed on the job site. I have never worked on this system before so I curious about some of the basics. This job was never completed because the building owner went bankrupt before all of the controls could be completed.

The customer would like us to finish up the Delta controls or install new controls. I saw that this system supports BACnet. Can I just install one of our BACnet controllers that I am familiar with and integrate it into this system? Yes if you understand BACnet and can see how the controllers have been programed.

I was also curious how to see the programming of the existing controllers? All I can see is the points list. I saw that this system uses GCL++. Do I need a separate software program to see/edit this or can I use Orcaview? No, just doubleclick on a program object in the controller you want to view and the editor will open the program for live viewing and editing.

Can I perform all of the programming of the controllers from the local workstation running orcaview or do I need to plug into the controllers directly? You need to have controllers online, this can either be via the LAN or direct connected to the controller. No way to program "offline" other then text file and copy and paste into a connected live controller, and this is only for GCL++. Never tried to create a program in a workstation and would not recommend it.

There are no graphics made up for this system. How can I build custom graphics for each of the controllers on this system? Can it be done in Orcaview? If your USB key has Illustrator enabled you can create graphics from ORCAview.

I am basically looking for a overview of this system so that I can take care of the customer. Any information will be appreciated. See info above.

Thanks!
    kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Apprentice3 you need a usb to make any graphical or programming changes. To get a usb you must be a Delta dealer or a partner.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    Apprentice3 you need a usb to make any graphical or programming changes. To get a usb you must be a Delta dealer or a partner.
    Unless you are calling clients and/or end users a partner, this is not true. I have been to many sites that have a USB with Illustrator enabled. In most well thought out/comprehensives specs it states that all tools must be provided to make changes to the system, this includes graphics and therefor the USB was provided to end users/clients with Illustrator enabled. Ohh boy, does it cost though.

kontrol out
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

We were told not to allow customers to have a usb.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

What?

I might be out of touch since I haven't been in the Delta "family" since 3.33r2. In those days you had to give the customer a USB for them to run ORCAview, ORCAweb or Historian. Do they now have software licensing? If that is the case are they not selling USB keys to end-users anymore?

kontrol out

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    What?

I might be out of touch since I haven't been in the Delta "family" since 3.33r2. In those days you had to give the customer a USB for them to run ORCAview, ORCAweb or Historian. Do they now have software licensing? If that is the case are they not selling USB keys to end-users anymore?

kontrol out
    Thanks for your replies.
    J. King

ALC has Delta WHIPPED if this is the case! All of our sites has EVERY configuration software tool needed left on-site with the original software DVD, to configure their system.

Sorry...couldn't resist
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

If that were the case, most owners would not allow Delta. We have several sites with Delta and have multiple dongles. It has never been an isssue.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Anyone need a spare USB or two shoot me a message.

kontrol out

All our sites that have a workstation have their own USB. If no workstation we can usually dial in.

From what I understand, if they want access to system they can have it. Now whether some of these people should have access...

I am looking for a usb key

Contact the installation company. Failing that, contact Delta Controls or their local distributor.

http://www.deltacontrols.com/about/contact-us

Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast