Post Likes

Trane RTOM question

Can anyone confirm if pins 6 & 8 on J12 will output 24v when the unit has (any) alarm conditions?

Thanks

Post Likes
    wouldnt the simple solution be to put test leads on those pins and set an alarm condition?
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Yeah, why didn't I think of that... hold on a sec while I fire up my handy dandy go go gadget arms so I can reach out over the 30+ miles between me and the unit.

Post Likes
    are you always so caustic? what does the unit's manual say? It's gotta say whether or not there is output or a set of dry contacts. This would be Electronics 101.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    No.., and doesn't say.., and doesn't "gotta say".., and this would be douchery 101...

Thank you for your (non) help sir. I apologize if you're taking any of my shenanigans seriously or personally.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=jbeckham;24132641]Can anyone confirm if pins 6 & 8 on J12

Isn't there only 1-7 pins on. J12 ?

Post Likes
    I don't know how many pins there are... it doesn't matter. I was just curious to know if there is a 24v signal present (somewhere) on J12 if the unit has an alarm.

Marc has inspired me to jack up the unit, so I'll just do that and see what happens...

Post Likes
    Pin 6 is alarm output and pin 7 is common.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Ahhh... gracias sir.

Post Likes
    You don't happen to know off hand where I could get the same (or similar) signal from the older UCM boards do you?

Post Likes

Isn't there only 1-7 pins on. J12 ?
    That's what I saw in the 10 manuals I looked up. So, I couldnt figure out if he was just trolling or not and didnt need to inflame him more by saying "uh, it only has 7 pins"