Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

will a carrier fe4 air handler work with a bryant heat pump?

I have purchased a Bryant 286b 3 ton heat pump from a scratch and dent guy for $.
    I am trying to find a air handler that will work with this. He also has a carrier fe4anb006 air handler,
    work that work? If not please let me know what i should be looking for, thanks.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-08-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Price

This is an AHRI match, #5476675. Excellent performance/efficiency numbers.

The CFM setting would need to be adjusted for a 3 ton.

Of course you will need an Evolution or Infinity controller and they can be pricey.

Any factory warranty?

IMO

YOu can also match it with a FV4 Performance series air handler... but you'll lose the Eveolution/Infinity funcitonality.

Best option is a new FE4 with controller as mentioned. You probably won't get a warranty on the condenser and evap coil in the air handler might be questionable too.

Thanks for the replies. I paid $ for the heat pump and I think he will want around $ for the air handler. I do not think I will have any warranty though, it was still in box though. So the air handler will not have the controller with it? Where does this controller go? How much does it cost? Do I have to have it with this set up?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-08-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Prices

Controller takes the place of the thermostat. No, its purchased seprerately. They arent cheap. More than a Nest thermostat...but much more capable.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your guys help. I got the fe4anb006 air handler. I have a couple more questions. He also has a carrier fe4anf002000. Which would be a better fit for my 3 ton Bryant 286b?
    I have heard that a lot of people will get a 3.5 to 4 ton air handler with 3 ton heat pump, seeing the one that I got adjust from 3 to 5 what should I set it at? And as far as heat strips go do I need to get carrier heat strips or can I get any brand? Again thanks for all you help.

Quote Originally Posted by slad35 View Post
    Thanks for your guys help. I got the fe4anb006 air handler. I have a couple more questions. He also has a carrier fe4anf002000. Which would be a better fit for my 3 ton Bryant 286b?
    I have heard that a lot of people will get a 3.5 to 4 ton air handler with 3 ton heat pump, seeing the one that I got adjust from 3 to 5 what should I set it at? And as far as heat strips go do I need to get carrier heat strips or can I get any brand? Again thanks for all you help.
    What are the load requirements? Is a 3 ton really what you need? How much room ya got to install it? and the list goes on and on..........
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Stick with the 006 air handler model for the best performance/efficiency numbers.

However if there is a significant cost difference, The 002, 003, and 005 are all AHRI HP directory matches and certainly would be satisfactory.

Do you mind sharing location?

What size heat strip is being suggested? Depending on location, should be no higher than 10 KW.

You definitely want the Evolution controller.

IMO

So this is a DIY install, that you asking for help on.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I live in Kansas. I have had 2 two contractors out to look one said 3 ton outdoor unit with 4 ton air handler, the other said 3.5 ton heat pump with air handler 3.5 ton. I think they both suggested 20 kw heat strip. The second guy that came out to look is going to make the duct and sell me the flex duct that I need and run line set and hook up system, I am going to install ductwork.

Quote Originally Posted by slad35 View Post
    I live in Kansas. I have had 2 two contractors out to look one said 3 ton outdoor unit with 4 ton air handler, the other said 3.5 ton heat pump with air handler 3.5 ton. I think they both suggested 20 kw heat strip. The second guy that came out to look is going to make the duct and sell me the flex duct that I need and run line set and hook up system, I am going to install ductwork.
    did you get estimets so you knew what material you would need?

Its a DIY install.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Its a DIY install.
    i know, i just wanted to see if just used the bid for sizing. it has happened to me before and makes me angry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast