+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craftsman Made in China Holy Harbor Freight BATMAN!

Post Likes
    So much for Craftsman being made in America.

Does anyone know if Klein is still made in U.S.?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortService View Post
    Does anyone know if Klein is still made in U.S.?
    Most of their hand tools still are, but my experience is that the quality isn't what it used to be, hence my migration to German hand tools.
    I've been having issues with Klein's screwdrivers for a while.
    2 months ago I bought a new pair of Klein wire strippers, and have issues with those too. The 2 halves of don't fit together as closely in the cutting/stripping part of the tool as my old >10 year old worn out ones, which makes cuting and stripping insulation off of control wire with them a little tedious.
    I looked at several more new pairs of them in a couple of different stores, and they all were the same way, so it isn't just a defect in the ones i bought.

I don't lose tools, and I'm not interested in cheap tools.
    I want the best quality tools for performing the core function the tool was designed for. If the manufacturer of the tool also includes features that make the tool more comfortable to use, and/or that enhance its performance at its core function, I will pay a premium for them.
    The US tool manufacturers are not innovating, for the most part, their quality is going down.

I didn't leave Klein, Klein left me.

I've switched over completely to Wera Laser Tip screw drivers and driver bits, and Knipix pliers and wire cutters.
    The last Klein tool in my bag is the wire stripper, and it will be gone once I find a suitable replacement.

Post Likes
    A quick web search will bring up news articles from 2004 about KMart acquiring Sears.

Post Likes
    Any plastic piece of a snap on tool is made in China..... and there are other ratchet parts etc... made their also...... and of course their meters... lights and all..... I dont know for certain but I would say they are chinese too......

Also... Williams is snap on...... they are a bit cheaper.... but they are made in the same plants on the same machines.....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgpeck View Post
    A quick web search will bring up news articles from 2004 about KMart acquiring Sears.
    That is fascinating to know.

Thanks for digging up a three year old thread to tell us that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Yeah craftsman's is going to china although the prices are still the same, I refuse to pay top dollar for chinese junk. when I started in the trade having foreign tools was the subject of ridicule, must admit I own some good Japanese wrenches but now japan has also outsourced tool production to china.

If you think Craftsman is "top dollar", stay away from the SnapOn, Mac, and Matco trucks...

Chase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in