Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sumit Racing has them as well and a few industrial supply houses offer them on line.

Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    I've seen Craftsman tools sold at Ace hardware stores too.
    The first time I saw that was at the Ace Hardware in Keller.

I was very confused for a moment.

I found some True Value brand gardening tools at either Lowes or Home Despot once too.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Yeah craftsman's is going to china although the prices are still the same, I refuse to pay top dollar for chinese junk. when I started in the trade having foreign tools was the subject of ridicule, must admit I own some good Japanese wrenches but now japan has also outsourced tool production to china.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The first time I saw that was at the Ace Hardware in Keller.

I was very confused for a moment.

I found some True Value brand gardening tools at either Lowes or Home Despot once too.
    I've seen the True Value tools at Home Depot. And as far as Ace Hardware selling Craftsman, I had heard rumors but I had to see it to believe it. I think Ace even does warranty exchanges on them too but I haven't asked.

They are also at the navy exchange, same lifetime warranty on the handtools.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Yeah craftsman's is going to china although the prices are still the same, I refuse to pay top dollar for chinese junk. when I started in the trade having foreign tools was the subject of ridicule, must admit I own some good Japanese wrenches but now japan has also outsourced tool production to china.
    Even some of the German tool manufacturers are out sourcing!
    I bought some Wera screw drivers, and they are made in the Czech Republic.
    Just across the border, but when I buy "German" tools, I want them to be made in f'in Germany!
    I have to admit though, they are a world better than the screwdrivers Klien is making these days...

I got a set of craftsman ratcheting wrenches not too long ago. the 9/16 section broke within 2 weeks......I had to use one from the hobofreight set I bought way before that.

the upside is that sears replaced it, i would have had to buy another whole set from HF.

So much for Craftsman being made in America.

Does anyone know if Klein is still made in U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortService View Post
    Does anyone know if Klein is still made in U.S.?
    Most of their hand tools still are, but my experience is that the quality isn't what it used to be, hence my migration to German hand tools.
    I've been having issues with Klein's screwdrivers for a while.
    2 months ago I bought a new pair of Klein wire strippers, and have issues with those too. The 2 halves of don't fit together as closely in the cutting/stripping part of the tool as my old >10 year old worn out ones, which makes cuting and stripping insulation off of control wire with them a little tedious.
    I looked at several more new pairs of them in a couple of different stores, and they all were the same way, so it isn't just a defect in the ones i bought.

I don't lose tools, and I'm not interested in cheap tools.
    I want the best quality tools for performing the core function the tool was designed for. If the manufacturer of the tool also includes features that make the tool more comfortable to use, and/or that enhance its performance at its core function, I will pay a premium for them.
    The US tool manufacturers are not innovating, for the most part, their quality is going down.

I didn't leave Klein, Klein left me.

I've switched over completely to Wera Laser Tip screw drivers and driver bits, and Knipix pliers and wire cutters.
    The last Klein tool in my bag is the wire stripper, and it will be gone once I find a suitable replacement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12