Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Micron Gauge???

Post Likes

Micron Gauge???

Okay guys, I'm looking for an affordable micron gauge that is descent in quality and reliability. What brand and model number should I look for? I will be using it with my JB DV-6E pump.

2. Likes Chev5372 liked this post
    Post Likes
    I love my BluVac. They have a new one that is under $100 according to a recent thread.

4. Likes scottsdale816, johoff34 liked this post
    Post Likes
    I've been using the JB supernova for the last 4 years and it hasn't failed me yet. Just clean the sensor and it's been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes scottsdale816 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    I love my BluVac. They have a new one that is under $100 according to a recent thread.
    Yes. Get the Accutools Micro Bluvac. Cheaper and much better than other budget micron gauges.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Telling every kid they are special=Hipsters

Post Likes
    There is only one. BlueVac.

9. Likes johoff34 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Okay thanks everyone, I will look into getting a BluVac

Post Likes
    Another vote for bluvac, Bluvac LTE or micro bluvac. Also sold under "yellow jacket" name

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey Scott View Post
    I've been using the JB supernova for the last 4 years and it hasn't failed me yet. Just clean the sensor and it's been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use the supernova as backup to my Thermal, when compared the supernova reads around 100 microns lower.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Been at this for over 40 years. The best I have ever used is Blue Vac. I am sure there are some that are almost as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I use the supernova as backup to my Thermal, when compared the supernova reads around 100 microns lower.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Been at this for over 40 years. The best I have ever used is Blue Vac. I am sure there are some that are almost as good.
    Bought my first Thermal 20some years ago and still working like when new, done countless jobs with it, never a false reading when there was a leak, your bluevac has been around for how long? 2 or 3 years? plenty of threads about failures!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

15. Likes t2 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Bought my first Thermal 20some years ago and still working like when new, done countless jobs with it, never a false reading when there was a leak, your bluevac has been around for how long? 2 or 3 years? plenty of threads about failures!
    The bluvac does a better job of accurately and instantly telling you what happening in the system. Once you get used to its actions, you can tell the difference between a leak, or moisture or just the oil off gassing. I love the thermals, but they don't relay the accuracy needed to tell the difference.

That along with the leak rate indicator make it my choice.

Post Likes
    BluVac has been out longer than 2-3 years lol Being a old design doesen't make a Thermal better or more reliable IMO. They are from a time when guys didnt b!tch about broken tools on the internet. Maybe if my $$$ Thermal wasnt broken and sent back for service multiple times while it was under warranty I might feel differently. IF I had a working sensor for my Thermal it would be very easy to show anything valdelocc (or GA with his YJ sorry to drag you into this ) says comparing the two ill informed at best.

Post Likes
    Are the old analog thermal box gauges still being produced?
    I no longer see them or repair parts for sale at truetechrools

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast