Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trying it with second stage set to 1 CPH and second stage differential at 1 degree. Tried "Comfort" and it proceeded to turn on and off into second stage only for awhile (skipping over first completely) until it reached actual setpoint. Can avoid the issue by not setting it back and/or locking out 2nd stage but would like it to work right without having to do that.

On a grossly over sized furnace, its not gonna work right.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Yeah pretty much my conclusion, interesting to see how the Prestige tries to compensate for it. Surprisingly the oversized furnace has no freeze/thaw cycles at all. Can't even feel/barely hear it in 1st stage.

Since you are so oversized have you considered just disconnecting the 2nd stage entirely? Set it up as a single stage.

Yeah have done that a bit in the past. Always using my system to test out different things so it doesn't usually stay that way. Trying it with a program, and the settings I mentioned above and will leave it alone for a few days see if it "learns"

Let it go from 66 to 70 on it's own today and it worked how it should, started out in second stage kicked back to 1st then ran a little bit before kicking off at setpoint. Think it has something to do with where I set it, if I go from 66-72 it always short cycles itself but don't notice it when going to 70.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12