+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Klein multimeters

Post Likes

Klein multimeters

Although I purchased the Fluke 116 for my hvac classes, the community college keeps some Klein meters for students' use. One student kept shorting out the leads on a Klein (I'm still seeing spots from all the arcing); the leads looks like burnt toothpicks, but I think the meter is fine.

Post Likes
    I like the klein for resi and light commercial it is pretty reliable.

Post Likes
    i like the fliedpice 77

Post Likes
    UEI and klein meters are the same. not sure who makes one or another but klein. bought part of UEI. I had a UEI 289 (i think) got form school. Not sure if it was a bad batch or something. but we had warranty about dozen of them.

Post Likes
    from klein websight.

Klein Tools, Inc. and UEi Test Instruments Partner Together

LINCOLNSHIRE, IL — December 16, 2010

Klein Tools, Inc. acquired a 50% equity position in UEi Test Instruments to cement the existing partnership between the two companies. "We look forward to expanding our partnership with UEi that started over two years ago and has seen Klein Tools become a leading provider of innovative diagnostic tools for Electricians" said Tim Duitsman, Vice President of Engineering for Klein Tools.

UEi will continue to offer its growing line of innovative environmental test equipment for the HVAC/R market while Klein Tools will begin to market its line of electrical test and measurement products to select HVAC/R customers in January 2011. Michael Kane, President of UEi Test Instruments said, "We are confident this partnership will increase each company's share of the test and measurement market."

Post Likes
    I like my UEI multi meter it tests every thing you would need pretty much, UA,Mv,mfd, no need to loop wires for small amp drawls. AC/DC, auto rangeing, noncontact voltage tester, temp probe, works with all feild peice head atachments. The temp probe quit working but they knew it had problems and replaced it with an updated model also works with high temp probes. Only thing i wish it did is auto switch from volts to ohms if you test a live circuit but ive made this mistake several times with no problems. Forgot to mention it will hold minimum or maximum readings on any setting(amps) and reads hertz. Only thing i cant say for it is how long it will last i hope a long time. UEI G2 phoenix pro: DL379. Oh yea it turns its self of if u leave it on.

Post Likes
    I'm a current HVAC student, and I bought a set of used Klein's. I have an MM2000 multi meter and a CL2000 clamp meter. They serve me well in class and I see no reason why they won't serve me well out in the field.

Post Likes
    I have used UEI, Fluke and Fieldpiece. I will not buy another UEI. I bought my Fieldpiece 7 years ago and the thing is like a tank,you cannot hurt it.One bad aspect though, it is not as accurate as the Fluke. All in all, the Fieldpiece has more selections of modes than the other two, at least 7 years ago anyways.

Post Likes
    I've looked at both the Klein and UEI side by side, and I like the Klein a lot better. The Klein clamps are higher safety rating, and just feel better. The DMM's are way better than the UEI models. Klein must be using the UEI factory, but building a better design.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan Blade View Post
    I've looked at both the Klein and UEI side by side, and I like the Klein a lot better. The Klein clamps are higher safety rating, and just feel better. The DMM's are way better than the UEI models. Klein must be using the UEI factory, but building a better design.
    The safety rating and the cost savings almost won me over -- I spent the extra money after speaking to an electrician that told me to get the Fluke...

Post Likes
    Getting ready for a lab we checked the voltage of a receptical with one of the Klein DMMs and got a reading of 180 volts. A quick check with my Fluke 322 gave me a reading in the 120s. That Klein didn't last very long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    Although I purchased the Fluke 116 for my hvac classes, the community college keeps some Klein meters for students' use. One student kept shorting out the leads on a Klein (I'm still seeing spots from all the arcing); the leads looks like burnt toothpicks, but I think the meter is fine.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in