Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: SMAN or Testo?

SMAN or Testo?

I'm wondering who makes the best setup, I was looking at SMAN 3. I'm not into cooling as much because I'm far north so I'm not looking for the best of the best. Thanks for any replies.

Not that much price diff between the SMAN 3 and the Testo 557.

I would go the extra mile and get the 557 cause its a great deal more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I'm wondering who makes the best setup, I was looking at SMAN 3. I'm not into cooling as much because I'm far north so I'm not looking for the best of the best. Thanks for any replies.
    If you could get the best of the best for the same (or lower) price as the SMAN3, would you?

http://shop.rdholder.com/Digi-Cool-A...Cool-AK900.htm

You can get 5% off with hvactalk coupon code.
    Last edited by Chuck; 08-17-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks for the link it didn't come I'n a clickable form so I will look it up.

Thanks for the link it didn't come I'n a clickable form so I will look it up.
    I fixed it. Try it again.

They look nice why are they so cheap?

I used an sman3 a few weeks ago when working with my friend. It wasnt bad but i really wasnt familiar with it because im so used to my ak900. The hook was annoying and the site glass on the manifold wasnt really friendly to my eyes but other than that i cant give it a bad rating . . . Unless we're talking appearance lol because besides its colors its ugly.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Thats good, the kind of info I like. I'm just suprised at the price. Do they come with clamp on thermometers, looks like sman3 does.

Thats good, the kind of info I like. I'm just suprised at the price. Do they come with clamp on thermometers, looks like sman3 does.
    Just like a micron gauges the mfgs. feel the need to include these things even if they arn't very good..
    I dislike the SMAN clamps and have seen videos showing the similar reasons to not believe in their accuracy in the field. The best way to mount a sensor is to strap it to the line and insulate. Most clamps do a poor job in the field IMO.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Just like a micron gauges the mfgs. feel the need to include these things even if they arn't very good..
    I dislike the SMAN clamps and have seen videos showing the similar reasons to not believe in their accuracy in the field. The best way to mount a sensor is to strap it to the line and insulate. Most clamps do a poor job in the field IMO.
    Do any of the gauges make a strap on style sensor. I think I like the digi cools, I dont need anything super expensive and if those are supposed to be the best then that's great. Just about the time out ac season gets going its already over. On the other hand because I don't do alot of ac I would like something to make it easier.

Do any of the gauges make a strap on style sensor. I think I like the digi cools, I dont need anything super expensive and if those are supposed to be the best then that's great. Just about the time out ac season gets going its already over. On the other hand because I don't do alot of ac I would like something to make it easier.
    DC sensors are strap on.

"The best" is such a subjective thing. I like my digi-cools as do many others that have them, but there are a lot of people that like their Testos and SMANs, too.

It comes down to personal preference. The problem is, you need to use them to gain a preference and not many guys are willing to loan their digitals out...

What it comes down to is best bang for your buck, but I would rather have a set with a few bells and whistles that work good then a set with everything that work ok. I'm sure whoever owns SMAN or Testo will say theres are the best, mostly because they like you said have never used any other. I have been hearing lots of good about digi cools so maybe I will look into them. I am sure they are all good though.

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast