Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Compressor burnout/ core driers

We started job to replace compressors condemned by another company. It is a York 15 ton tandem blew terminals out. This is a split system 2 txvs ac not heat pump. The compressors were entirely different different mounting good times. I am going to install core suction and ll driers with isolation valves. The line set goes up to airhandler. Is it OK to install driers on that 90 (if that makes sense the end plate would be on bottom.). Also what is anyone's thoughts on rx11 flush. I was thinkin of blowing out condenser before brazing in compressors or should I just stick with old fashion way. Thanks.

Post Likes
    The company I'm with now has sent me a couple of burnouts and called for R11 flush, even though no one in the company has used it (and I hadn't prior to working here).
    I think it might have value if you have short lines that you can isolate; I've not seen it actually remove much. The canisters don't have enough pressure to really move it through a system.

I think using burn out cores, a good nitrogen purge, deep vacuum, and acid scavenger is going to clean the system.

As for the driers, you can normally install them in any position, as long as you get the flow direction correct.
    Just make sure you can remove the assembly to replace the cores.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    We started job to replace compressors condemned by another company. It is a York 15 ton tandem blew terminals out. This is a split system 2 txvs ac not heat pump. The compressors were entirely different different mounting good times. I am going to install core suction and ll driers with isolation valves. The line set goes up to airhandler. Is it OK to install driers on that 90 (if that makes sense the end plate would be on bottom.). Also what is anyone's thoughts on rx11 flush. I was thinkin of blowing out condenser before brazing in compressors or should I just stick with old fashion way. Thanks.
    So what are you putting in the liquid line?

Post Likes
    Core drier

Post Likes
    DO you mean a replaceable core filter dryer?
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    Was asking sporlan bout best core to use. The regular one has the most actvated alumina(acid binder). The HH core actually has less ability and the charcoal is mostly for wax which it seems was only with oils of late 80's & early 90's.
    Also I think POE pretty much dissolves wax too.

Post Likes
    Technically RX11 flush is only for line sets, not for coils. I've never had much luck with it for anything really.

8. Likes skwoodwiva2, AZHomePro liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    Technically RX11 flush is only for line sets, not for coils. I've never had much luck with it for anything really.
    X2 tried using a 13lb jug of the RX11 to flush all the system piping on a 90t intellpak that had burnout sludge in both circuits, and it didn't do much of anything. I don't think there will ever be a satisfactory substitute for using r11 to clean up a burnout. Just put filter driers in on both sides of the system and change them as they load up and keep checking the oil until the system is cleaned up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skwoodwiva2 View Post
    Was asking sporlan bout best core to use. The regular one has the most actvated alumina(acid binder). The HH core actually has less ability and the charcoal is mostly for wax which it seems was only with oils of late 80's & early 90's.
    Also I think POE pretty much dissolves wax too.
    Was this conversation with sporlan on this forum? I'd like to read that thread. Didn't see anything in your thread history.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Choclair View Post
    Was this conversation with sporlan on this forum? I'd like to read that thread. Didn't see anything in your thread history.
    Just phone support about most acid binder in 3 core materials.
    Rest is my speculation.
    I have given up flushers BTW.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Make sure you get a big enough drier shell for your tonnage and refrigerant. I believe they do have a flow direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast