Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    It is the land of fruits and nuts.
    I know. Last night I had a happy dream where there was a 14.8 shaker and it just slid off into the ocean...

]Just kidding guys, wish no harm]
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

http://theworldbreakseveryone.com/th...home-to-roost/

An interesting take on this.

That said, not supporting him or the cops. I tend to distrust those whom desire power over others and believe we would all be better off if everyone was trained and armed rather then just a small portion of the population.

This story sounds like an idealist that found out the hard way that power corrupts and that it is corrupting those charged with protecting us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You seem to be a fan yourself. I am not in California, so I am mostly ignorant of your police/public relations. We have pr1ck cops in Texas, but mostly they are a good lot and fair men. The bad apples are usually city cops as far I can see. I have very little to do with any of them, but I would lean far towards considering police a hostile entity in general. Directly, police have done me more harm than good. Indirectly, I understand they do more good than harm by simply "presence", such as my gun toting neighbors do, and removing threats I will never see or have to deal with. Texas is very strict on crime, we stick a needle in their arm and put them down in worst cases, but we STILL have some really bad dudes here. At the end of the day, I basically support the police.

If the people of California DO NOT generally support the police, then this is a nightmare. A new one. I think a lot of our school shootings are "copy-cat" attention and hate campaigns, so this could be a whole new trend. Fashionable at the moment for the trendy and discriminating lunatic with appropriate camo-attire fitted to not make the buttocks look to big.
    I am no fan of this guy but I can separate his recent actions from his frustration with the police force. There is no justification for his rampant killing but there is cause for investigating his claims of the PD.

I don’t have run-ins with the cops anymore…I’m too old for that. Besides, 90% of cops are good guys. It’s the 10% of bad cops that are protected by the other 90% of good cops. IMO it brings them all down.

And example of a small world: Dorner worked in the same precinct (LAPD Harbor Division) in 2007 with the LAPD Detectives that framed my friend for murder. Among many other things, these two Detectives threatened two key defense witnesses to “stay out of the courtroom or else.” I’m sure my friend wasn’t the first to be taken down that way and Dorner was probably aware of that behavior by them. If they were doing it to the Hispanics you can bet they were doing it to the Blacks too. It was an eye opening experience that I may never get over.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    http://theworldbreakseveryone.com/th...home-to-roost/

An interesting take on this.

That said, not supporting him or the cops. I tend to distrust those whom desire power over others and believe we would all be better off if everyone was trained and armed rather then just a small portion of the population.

This story sounds like an idealist that found out the hard way that power corrupts and that it is corrupting those charged with protecting us.
    Excellent link. I support no party either, Dorner is a murdering nut, LAPD is a murdering nut. I think they should both be terminated.

Can we please give California back to Mexico now?

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I am no fan of this guy but I can separate his recent actions from his frustration with the police force. There is no justification for his rampant killing but there is cause for investigating his claims of the PD.

I don’t have run-ins with the cops anymore…I’m too old for that. Besides, 90% of cops are good guys. It’s the 10% of bad cops that are protected by the other 90% of good cops. IMO it brings them all down.

And example of a small world: Dorner worked in the same precinct (LAPD Harbor Division) in 2007 with the LAPD Detectives that framed my friend for murder. Among many other things, these two Detectives threatened two key defense witnesses to “stay out of the courtroom or else.” I’m sure my friend wasn’t the first to be taken down that way and Dorner was probably aware of that behavior by them. If they were doing it to the Hispanics you can bet they were doing it to the Blacks too. It was an eye opening experience that I may never get over.
    Well, with that type of corruption and the ineptitude displayed with recent pickup truck shootings, I can fully understand your sympathy for Dorner. But he is not going to be the Lone Ranger, he will go down soon.

But you guys need to replace your elected officials, change a few laws, and get rid of some of the morons representing your state. Boxer and Feinstein are nuts. As for the LAPD, I had no Idea any police department could be so inept. Fire them all? I don't know. i would rather see you fire all the LAPD than let them continue to go around shooting people at random discretion. "I see a pickup and I am going to shoot at it" They are nuts. LAPD has shot at as many people as Dorner, no wonder he has a fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

Wow dude that is crazy. I'm thankful to know our chief of police down here.

If Dorner would've stuck to his issue with the LAPD and left it at that, I would've leaned towards understanding him. Going after your high school principal? WOW, this guy just wont let things go. I was beginning to feel like I was eavesdropping on a psychiatric counseling session, disgusting. He already believes he's a national hero. It's just so ironic about his slant on assault weapons and how he's chosen to take a stand on his injustices. Dude is whacked, maybe it was related to football after all. He is fast approaching the solution to all his problems though.
    A smooth sea has never made a worthy mariner
    English proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Helioson View Post
    If Dorner would've stuck to his issue with the LAPD and left it at that, I would've leaned towards understanding him. Going after your high school principal? WOW, this guy just wont let things go. I was beginning to feel like I was eavesdropping on a psychiatric counseling session, disgusting. He already believes he's a national hero. It's just so ironic about his slant on assault weapons and how he's chosen to take a stand on his injustices. Dude is whacked, maybe it was related to football after all. He is fast approaching the solution to all his problems though.
    He actually threatened family and children of those he was offended by also. I expect his supporters will quickly evaporate if he does not pick his next victims with some care. I am sorry to say this, but it is the truth "So far he has used more discretion in choosing his shooting victims than the LAPD has used". I don't want to be misunderstood here, I do not support Dorner or the rest of the LAPD either one.

As Brian had suggested or alluded to, there must have been some public grievances in place already with the LAPD which would perhaps explain some of the local support. LAPD has already shot-up 3 innocent victims at random so I am rather stunned, I suppose if they have a problem with the LAPD they may very well be justified in that. But that does not justify support for Dorner, he is a nutball, there are other means of working out grievances with your local police than supporting rouge murderers. Vote them out of power with elected officials.

LA is starting to sound like Chicago. I am sorry for you people who live there. Sadly un-American when people have to fear the police more than a crazed lunatic running around killing people, but that seems to be the case. The nation is watching, but what can we do? It is a local problem.

I do think the Dorner supporters need to find some other hero to wax their fanciful ideals upon, maybe some local reformist politician. Dorner is not a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Helioson View Post
    If Dorner would've stuck to his issue with the LAPD and left it at that, I would've leaned towards understanding him.
    The problem with that is if he wouldn’t have gone on his crazy shooting spree we would have never heard of him or his grievances. They would have blended into the background like the rest.

Police shootings really get to me. They are always “justified”. San Diego Police just shot a guy who was standing before five officers when he picked up a stick. They shot him dead. Why would five officers have to escalate to deadly force when it’s five against one and they have other non-deadly means of subduing him? Because - if it’s between taking a chance of getting glanced by a stick as they swarm him or just shooting him dead, they would rather just shoot him…because they can.

But the best reaction to a recent police killing was in Fullerton. They beat a mentally handicapped guy to death in front of a crowd of people. Unfortunately he happened to be the son of a retired police officer and he didn’t take it lying down. He rallied the townspeople and had three of the City Councilman removed and the Police Chief immediately went on permanent disability. But I’m sure the LAPD looks at that as an aberration by the people.

Two years ago the Long Beach PD shot a totally drunk guy that was sitting alone in a closed courtyard, minding his own business, fiddling with a “pistol style” garden hose nozzle. They snuck up on him, did not announce themselves or ask him to set it down when they unloaded on him from three different directions killing him. There was a little outrage for a day or two and it fizzled away like the rest. He was a father.

Don't get me wrong, I can't even begin to judge anything/anyone in this case, just making remote observations. I have never been an LA cop and wouldn't want to. I can say that my BEST friend was a cop for the Oklahoma City PD and was shot in the back while trying to break up a bar fight. He left two little girls and a beautiful wife behind. I was shot at while attempting to pursue two armed robbers who broke into my brothers house while my mother, 7 year old daughter, and I where visiting. I can't imagine being in that environment every day. I don't know what the answer is to this situation but for someone like Dorner, he's going to get what he has bargained for and the LAPD have at least a part in creating this monster.

LAPD is re-opening his dismissal case.

And the best? Charlie Sheen wants Dorner to call him.

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post

And the best? Charlie Sheen wants Dorner to call him.
    Great, a nut giving another nut advice....should work out great.

The bottom line is that people in the PRK are phuk dup. Is it a surprise to you that the LAPD is also phuk dup as well as the government?

That state is a huge boil on the a$$ of America.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    It will be re-opened and closed in about five minutes. It’s just lip service to appease the public.

They can’t/won’t find anything wrong with his dismissal. If they do, they will take heat for it. That’s not about to happen, especially when initiated by them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast