Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Would it defuse the situation or turn it into a shooting gallery for a trained marksman?

I'm not suggesting that armed bands of citizens start hunting for Dorner, either.
    A trained military sniper,when Dorner is lured into the open with a false sense of security,maybe but he

knows his trainng and would not fall for it.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post

A trained military sniper,when Dorner is lured into the open with a false sense of security,maybe but he

knows his trainng and would not fall for it.
    I'm thinking along the same lines.

I don't think that this guy will walk in willingly, no matter what story LAPD cooks up. He's going down shooting.

A sniper is the most logical course of action and probably the one that will be least likely to cause collateral damage.

I don't think that this guy will walk in willingly, no matter what story LAPD cooks up. He's going down shooting.

A sniper is the most logical course of action and probably the one that will be least likely to cause collateral damage.
    Exactly
    FEN

Agrees but wouldn't it be more fun for them to use one of their helicopters and put a chain gun on it?

As unbelievable as this sounds, it appears the shooter actually has a fan club:

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/news/2013/...hristopher-do/

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...killing-spree/

I have read his manifesto and i will give him credit for being articulate. He is quite liberal. He hates God, thinks the bible is fairy-tales. Loves Obama. Loves gun control. Hates police. Feels disadvantaged for being black.

The dude is sort of a walking oxymoron. He was police and is using guns, but that does not seem to matter to his fans. I'll bet if he can continue his crime spree for long he will attain legendary status. I am guessing they will bag this guy in a few days, but one never knows.

If Obama had a son, he would look like Dorner.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

This is one of those stories you expect to fizzle and pretty soon. It is indeed a weird tale, one of those things that make you think, "Hmmm?", and then you go back to work Monday and don't think much more about it. Not the case. Well, for one thing they haven't caught the guy and this is pretty much headline material until they do. Dorner is a strange and scary guy. But the stranger part of the story is about the LAPD going around shooting people at random.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3955268.story

First they shot up 2 women in a pickup, next they crash into and shoot at some guy in a pickup. The only connection to Dorner seems to be that they drive pickups. Odd, not sure the timeline but I thought that Dorner's pickup had been recovered already. Anyway, the police are going around shooting people driving pickups in LA, so any of you guys that live there had better take the wife's car or a bus. If you are caught driving a pickup in LA you are subject to being shot on sight.

I am going with what the second[third] victim's lawyer said: "I don't want to use the word buffoonery but....

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Seems to me now would be a good time to use some PTO/vacation time if you were on the LAPD force. Imagine looking over your shoulder all day thinking you are the hunted?

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    As unbelievable as this sounds, it appears the shooter actually has a fan club:

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/news/2013/...hristopher-do/

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...killing-spree/

I have read his manifesto and i will give him credit for being articulate. He is quite liberal. He hates God, thinks the bible is fairy-tales. Loves Obama. Loves gun control. Hates police. Feels disadvantaged for being black.

The dude is sort of a walking oxymoron. He was police and is using guns, but that does not seem to matter to his fans. I'll bet if he can continue his crime spree for long he will attain legendary status. I am guessing they will bag this guy in a few days, but one never knows.

If Obama had a son, he would look like Dorner.
    So to be a liberal I need to hate God, guns and police, must love Obama and feel disadvantaged. I guess alot of people are going to get their "liberal" membership revoked.

That fan club would be pretty big if it consisted of all those affected by the Police Dept's unjustified killings, beatings, framings, racism, arrests, jail time, court costs and mistreatment. You have to be at the receiving end to understand it.

What’s not right is that we skew Dorner’s recent actions with his original complaints. As soon as he acts out like he did, the LAPD can throw out all of his allegations when they should be handled separately.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    So to be a liberal I need to hate God, guns and police, must love Obama and feel disadvantaged. I guess alot of people are going to get their "liberal" membership revoked.
    Well, those are typical liberal traits NS. Of course we are all individuals, as humans we are very complex in our hearts and minds. So, yes Dorner is quite a liberal. But not every liberal is a carbon copy of Dorner by any remote stretch of the imagination. No more than Timothy Mcveigh represented conservatives, but I would label him as conservative if having to choose between the two. Not trying to pigeon-hole anybody.

Hatred of God, guns, and police are much more prevalent in the liberal community. So is also love for Obama and feeling dis-advantaged. It is a fair and honest label.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    That fan club would be pretty big if it consisted of all those affected by the Police Dept's unjustified killings, beatings, framings, racism, arrests, jail time, court costs and mistreatment. You have to be at the receiving end to understand it.

What’s not right is that we skew Dorner’s recent actions with his original complaints. As soon as he acts out like he did, the LAPD can throw out all of his allegations when they should be handled separately.
    You seem to be a fan yourself. I am not in California, so I am mostly ignorant of your police/public relations. We have pr1ck cops in Texas, but mostly they are a good lot and fair men. The bad apples are usually city cops as far I can see. I have very little to do with any of them, but I would lean far towards considering police a hostile entity in general. Directly, police have done me more harm than good. Indirectly, I understand they do more good than harm by simply "presence", such as my gun toting neighbors do, and removing threats I will never see or have to deal with. Texas is very strict on crime, we stick a needle in their arm and put them down in worst cases, but we STILL have some really bad dudes here. At the end of the day, I basically support the police.

If the people of California DO NOT generally support the police, then this is a nightmare. A new one. I think a lot of our school shootings are "copy-cat" attention and hate campaigns, so this could be a whole new trend. Fashionable at the moment for the trendy and discriminating lunatic with appropriate camo-attire fitted to not make the buttocks look to big.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Seems to me now would be a good time to use some PTO/vacation time if you were on the LAPD force. Imagine looking over your shoulder all day thinking you are the hunted?
    Yup, he said he is going after family members too. Children, anybody. They had better catch this guy soon. I don't think the LAPD can handle it, they are going around shooting at anybody driving a pickup. Morons.

It is the land of fruits and nuts.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast