Thread: Network 8000

Network 8000

I recently had a customer purchase a building that has a stand alone MSC-MPC-RC controlling hvac,fans, and lighting. He wants the ability to change setpoints. I spoke with the local Schneider rep,who happens to be a competitor, and all I could get was that he would charge time and material. I read through some of the old threads and believe there may be some programs that can read the programming and allow us to change setpoints. Signal is probably not an option. Can someone reccomend a program to use?

Quote Originally Posted by OldDogNewTicks View Post
    I recently had a customer purchase a building that has a stand alone MSC-MPC-RC controlling hvac,fans, and lighting. He wants the ability to change setpoints. I spoke with the local Schneider rep,who happens to be a competitor, and all I could get was that he would charge time and material. I read through some of the old threads and believe there may be some programs that can read the programming and allow us to change setpoints. Signal is probably not an option. Can someone reccomend a program to use?
    I believe that is a Robertshaw DMS Microsmart controller. I don't know if you can even get the DMS software outside of Schneider Electric.

Controller is Tac.

Quote Originally Posted by controlgeek View Post
    I believe that is a Robertshaw DMS Microsmart controller. I don't know if you can even get the DMS software outside of Schneider Electric.
    The controller is a Tac microsmart controller. I guess it could be made by Robertshaw, however it was sold through Tac. It's obsole now. It does have the comm. board attached with the RS-232 port. Thanks for your reply

It was a leftover ROBERTSHAW product , TACSIGNAL for Windows XP was used for the last generation before they discontinued the controllers .

If you could find the ORIGINAL Signal software ( Before DATA TALK sold out to SIEBE ) it would communicate to it nicely.

Alsop might be helpful to contact this company http://www.wholesalecontrols.com/par...mart-used.html they might have what your looking for.

Cool Thanks Control Man

Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    Alsop might be helpful to contact this company http://www.wholesalecontrols.com/par...mart-used.html they might have what your looking for.
    You are the man! They fixed me right up. Won't be able to test it till next week however I was able to find the customer the Handheld Interface as well. The day seems a little brighter

Glad to have been of assistance .