Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Its the LX series and its only a 3Ton so it just have the demand defrost board on it.

The affinity series are the ones with the York guard board on it and the 5Ton LX series has it also.

You could "split" the W1 and W2 if your air handler has 2 W inputs. Hook W1 to thermostat W output. Connect W2 in air handler to W from defrost board. Connect 10 minute delay on make timer between W1 and W2 if both sets of heat strips are need to be energized by thermostat at design conditions. This configuration with 1/2 the wattage used by the heat strips during normal operating conditions.

That is a very good idea. I will actually try that the next time we hook up a LX series York.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortService View Post
    The inability to adjust the temperature variance on the auxiliary heat is one reason why I no longer install Honeywell thermostats.

I called them too,close to a year ago, with this issue and was told we are sorry for the inconvenience...

Well, the inconvenience is two fold:

One: You install a new high efficiency system for a customer,( telling them it will save them energy usage) ,only to get a call back 2 months later with the customer saying that their bill is higher than normal during winter.

Two: Once at the residence I find a Honeywell installed, I have to tell the customer "The only way to repair this issue is to buy another new thermostat and have it installed".

This all leaves a bad taste in the customers mouth wondering,"Why didn't you install the most energy efficient thermostat with my new high efficiency unit?"
    Which tstats do you use with simular features/touchscreen that you can adjust the temp differential for aux on?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrettservices View Post
    Which tstats do you use with simular features/touchscreen that you can adjust the temp differential for aux on?
    Ecobee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12