Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Digital PT Chart

I was at the supply house the other day and they are advertising a digital PT hand held. You pick the refrigerant and it tells you the psi and temp. Only $32CDN Better than squinting at those little charts you get. Now all I want to do is find them on the internet to read about it a little more anyone seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    I was at the supply house the other day and they are advertising a digital PT hand held. You pick the refrigerant and it tells you the psi and temp. Only $32CDN Better than squinting at those little charts you get. Now all I want to do is find them on the internet to read about it a little more anyone seen them.
    For $100 US you can get yourself an inexpensive PDA which you can not only easily write up your own TP charts, or buy them off plenty of sites, but you can keep records of belts, filters, repairs, pdf files, you name it. I don't see any advantage in buying a single purpose tool like you are posting about. I've been using a PDA for quite awhile now and it comes in handy more often than you realize.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Buy a Digi-Cool and get digital accuracy on the pressure readings AND the exact saturated temperature at that pressure for the selected refrigerant.

www.digi-cool.com
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I have a digital PT chart. It spends alot of time on the dash of my work van. its just as easy to pull a piece of paper out of my pocket.

Go to the Fluke web site you can get a free PT calculator.

Can you put the link up I have not found the free PT chart calculator.

Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    Can you put the link up I have not found the free PT chart calculator.
    http://us.fluke.com/usen/apps/IAQ/IAQCalculator.htm

I also have the fluke pt on my PDA works good.

Thanks for the link.

I just installed it on my palm.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by rscamaro View Post
    For $100 US you can get yourself an inexpensive PDA which you can not only easily write up your own TP charts, or buy them off plenty of sites, but you can keep records of belts, filters, repairs, pdf files, you name it. I don't see any advantage in buying a single purpose tool like you are posting about. I've been using a PDA for quite awhile now and it comes in handy more often than you realize.

...Ron
    What type of PDA is everyone using? What are the good ones and what ones to stay away from.

I installed it on my Palm too. Very nice program, I'll try it out for a while I think. I can see already that it's much easier to read than my hand written spread sheet type PT chart. No R-11 though, shame.

(EDIT) My PDA is a Palm Zire 72. Camera, Bluetooth, lots of helpful programs. A good unit if you are going to use all of the features.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Digital gauges. Only way.

I am a huge fan. I have mentioned on here I got the testo set about 3 months ago. I have been using them almost exclusively now for 2 months. There is just absolutely no mother effin way I could go back to analog.

Quote Originally Posted by rscamaro View Post
    I installed it on my Palm too. Very nice program, I'll try it out for a while I think. I can see already that it's much easier to read than my hand written spread sheet type PT chart. No R-11 though, shame.

(EDIT) My PDA is a Palm Zire 72. Camera, Bluetooth, lots of helpful programs. A good unit if you are going to use all of the features.

...Ron
    Same here.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast