+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roaches?! ..... "No Abla Engalisch"

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    Had a customer tell me she didn't have heat for 3 weeks because the service guy said he couldn't work on the heater. I asked why not, she said because they didn't want to get too close to the bedbugs on the mattress. I told her we were very busy and the first opening was about a year away, but she should call my competitor, just don't mention the part about the bedbugs until he was done. It might also be a good idea to drag the mattress away from the heater.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Post Likes
    no thanks! commercial only! I would rather take rats in a mechanical room any day!(the Animal, not human rats)

Post Likes
    Nice wallpaper

Post Likes
    I had a "cat" lady ask me to shoot and kill the 30+ cats underneath her home that had destroyed her duct. It smelled of ammonia bad. I told her I would not shoot the cats or repair her AC. The duct crew and I loaded up in our trucks and left. Nasty!

Post Likes
    I couldn't tell that was a sub base in 1st picture until later in the thread. Lol

Post Likes
    Years ago went on a wall furnace check. I turned it on when i got there and millions of tiny roaches started flying out of the furnace covering the walls. I turned around, got in my truck and left- never saying a word.

Post Likes
    amen, you dont have to say anything, just grab your sh#t and leave, if your boss does'nt like it let him fix it...

Post Likes
    I'll go on a call! Just replace everything I leave at location i.e tools clothes, boots, van for good measure! LOL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkb79 View Post
    Yah I would have run my health is more important than there comfort. I only had to do it once because the cat piss smell almost made me sick and I was standing outside the front door just told them to call someone else and left.
    I can relate.............cat piss is by far the worse............when you can smell it on the porch, you know there is a big problem!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAwesome View Post
    Nice wallpaper
    This made me laugh..............thank you.

Post Likes
    Took me awhile just to understand what I was looking at. Horrendous.

Worst I was in was one of those houses you walk in and are immediately assaulted by the smell of cat piss. I went to work as quickly as possible until I noticed my legs were itching. I went outside and pulled up my pants legs and brushed off as many fleas as I could. Stood up and looked to my right at the trash can I was standing next too and noticed it was full of water and there was a dead squirrel floating in it. The animal was so black and gooey that at first I couldn't make out what it was and then I dry heaved. Worst part, I had to go back inside to get my tools and wouldn't you know...there was a call back because I forgot to reconnect the flame sensor wire. Fleas are so distracting.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1HVACOWNER View Post
    I tried to tell them but when they opened the kitchen drawer I saw the parents to these babies sitting there. I think they were flashing roach gang signs at me. haha.
    bahahahahahaha

Post Likes
    update.... Went back to the home again today.. (No Heat) I looked so hard for a issue in the control box.. No dice! T-Stat bad again. I go to the truck and put my tools up and put on rubber gloves and 2 screwdrivers and a new Honeywell t-stat. I don't know how long it will last I just hope it last till they leave. OH.. They now seem to have at least a dozen outside cats.. Just keeps getting better all the time.

Post Likes
    not under warranty I hope!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RDorr92788 View Post
    not under warranty I hope!!
    Ohhh Nooooooo! HA!

Post Likes
    I know someone that got hepatitis I from driving around with day labors. He did landscaping work. They would have a cold and cough in the truck cab. Sad. You need some clear silicone. Clear so the next guy will see them all stuck to it trying to get out the hole.

Post Likes
    Man this reminds me why I don't do resi work anymore..

Many.

Many.

Many years ago when I started as a helper for a guy that did installs in "Manufactured Housing"... I did an install in one of these houses that was 3 months old... brand new, uh, house?. anyway, pulled the orig t-stat off the wall and puked.

Needless to say the boss had to do that install. I wouldn't go back.

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in