Control - Urgent

Dear Sir,
    Why would you not load the software for graphics, help menu and CCT program additional programs the BAS server: instead on the workstation or laptop only? Would that be due to the server is undersized? If so, what about an upgrade?

Our system works fine, we are just missing the above? We pay big money why not just have them load it on server and have a link from workstation?

Thank you,
    Bob

If you paid for the software licenses for the programming tools, then you should have them loaded on your machine.

The jci server or workstation?

I mean the add-on like help section edit program, should be loaded on the JCI server then we access via leak from our workstation? Right ? Why would we load it on the workstation or laptop and take the chance that it may get erased or corrupted. Safer on the server, but the company is not wanting to do this? Figure the server is undersized.

Could you expand on your question? You have the software (licensed) installed on a machine, just not the "server". Is this a server or just a computer "serving" everything up for you?

Could be a licensing issue if it is a true server. Did they give you a reason why they didn't install it where you wanted? BTW, I don't deal with JCI anymore since they are definetly not Burger King! If I am the owner I want it done my way...
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

They came to install all the new add software on the server that has been missing from our JCI system for about 5 years, help section, graphic tool; then they flip-flopped and said they decided to put it on the BAS workstation hard driver or laptop? I am thinking maybe the server is undersized? A real sudden flip flop, and I want to get what we paid for?

Thank you so much!!!
    Bob

Something doesn't sound right.If JCI installed the job with a Metasys ADS/ADX server then they should have left the software,and the customer could have added/deleted software. Coming back after 5 yrs??? That is very strange.After the warranty is up (1 yr) it would go to the service side. ???????????????????????? Something is very wrong
    gg

It was a new project; so this time it was to ensure they do it right. There is no maintenance contract as of yet; only with this facility a year. I was very surprised.