Hybrid View

Carrier CCN: Writing to Setpt Table

I have an existing CCN Comfort Controller that was configured by others (long ago). Something is writing a set point to a set point table in this controller, clearly in accordance with a reset schedule, but I cannot identify the source of the write. There are no BEST programs present, there are no software points defined, there is no evidence of POC. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

do you have NST V or servicepack to monitor the bus traffic, see is there a write command remotely from other controller. the write command for BEST not necessary within the CC64 itself, it also can be write from other CC64.

The setpoint table is use for what algorithm and is there a reset configured?

Quote Originally Posted by junegemini View Post
    do you have NST V or servicepack to monitor the bus traffic, see is there a write command remotely from other controller. the write command for BEST not necessary within the CC64 itself, it also can be write from other CC64.

The setpoint table is use for what algorithm and is there a reset configured?
    Jungegemini: Thanks, I do not have NST V or servicepack, but your message presents a model for other possible behaviours, that I may encounter, that is worth keeping in mind. For the next issues I may have, anyway.

I found the source of my particular issue, it IS a BEST Task, an OAT reset, in the same CC64, that was tossed into a BEST program along with a series of diagnostics tasks, called 'FAIL2'. There is no substitute for reading all the codes carefully, especially since I did not write them, in order to overcome poor code writing practice...

is the CC64 connected to CVIEW, if yes you can check the controller maintenance display, some of the table will indicates the BEST program execution details. also you can use the BEST++ and upload the source program from the CC64, unless the previous guy deleted the source when download, then you cannot retrieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by junegemini View Post
    is the CC64 connected to CVIEW, if yes you can check the controller maintenance display, some of the table will indicates the BEST program execution details. also you can use the BEST++ and upload the source program from the CC64, unless the previous guy deleted the source when download, then you cannot retrieve it.
    Thank you. Yes, I have CVIEW and I did see that it was listed there, subsequent to my identification of the problem. Actually, you can re-create the source code by uploading the machine code from the CC64, and then de-compiling that machine code in the BEST interface.