Thread: Thermostat Carrier Infinity vs. Bryant Evolution

Post Likes

Thermostat Carrier Infinity vs. Bryant Evolution

When to adjust my thermostat the other day, and ended giving it a huge static jolt instead. I have a bryant Evolutions - model SYSTXBBUID01, and it still function correctly, except that the LCD screen is blank. Still lights up, but no letters or numbers, so kinda hard to know what temp you are adjusting to. New unit is $ at the local Bryant dealer. Ebay has new units for around $ up. Before I spend the cash....

I am assuming these can't be repaired - doesn't appear that you can take apart. Can I use a Carrier Infinity Thermostat - STSTXCCUID01-V instead? Appear to be the same unit.

thanks.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-07-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Prices

Post Likes
    Sorry. prices are not allowed.

Post Likes
    Is the UI still under warranty?
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes
    most should have a 10 yr warranty

Post Likes
    The Infinity and the Evolution controllers are the same device. They are interchangeable. They should have the same warranty as the rest of the system.
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by js2318 View Post
    When to adjust my thermostat the other day, and ended giving it a huge static jolt instead. I have a bryant Evolutions - model SYSTXBBUID01, and it still function correctly, except that the LCD screen is blank. Still lights up, but no letters or numbers, so kinda hard to know what temp you are adjusting to. New unit is $ at the local Bryant dealer. Ebay has new units for around $ up. Before I spend the cash....

I am assuming these can't be repaired - doesn't appear that you can take apart. Can I use a Carrier Infinity Thermostat - STSTXCCUID01-V instead? Appear to be the same unit.

thanks.
    You need to call Carrier and find out if it still under warrantee. Any local Carrier dealer should swap it out for the old one. If not call Carrier and find one that will. I think it has a 5 year warrantee. I have changed out a few under warrantee and no problem getting a free replacement. You may have to pay the labor.

It is an electrical-mechanical devise and sometimes they fail.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Post Likes
    yes they are the same and by the time you pay for the service call and the repair probably be cheaper to by the ones on ebay . i would call the installer and find out because if they can order the controller and bring it with them all in one trip might be less $ for the repair

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in