Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Got to tell you, When I first read this heading gauges were the last thing I thought of. I used to get breakfast surprises but not so much after 22 years of marriage. That being said enjoy those smans.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    That would be cool Mason.

RUSSELL Hargu OR JIM Bergmann

Correct me if I am wrong but wireless clamps would be a technical nightmare to protect against interference. Plus the cost factor they would add.
    If you think about it the technical part shouldn't hold them back(somehow we can keep drones flying a world away) but I could see it being expensive.

Plenty of people have spent $1,000+ on combustion analyzers though and gauges are used more often.

You show me a set of gauges that allow for wireless compatibility with indoor WB, outdoor DB and 4 pipe temperatures(2 inside and 2 outside) with tank like durability, a rechargable lithium ion battery and I'll show you a product that serious techs would be willing to spend $800+ for. I know I would!

amen to that mason!

Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    If you think about it the technical part shouldn't hold them back(somehow we can keep drones flying a world away) but I could see it being expensive.

Plenty of people have spent $1,000+ on combustion analyzers though and gauges are used more often.

You show me a set of gauges that allow for wireless compatibility with indoor WB, outdoor DB and 4 pipe temperatures(2 inside and 2 outside) with tank like durability, a rechargable lithium ion battery and I'll show you a product that serious techs would be willing to spend $800+ for. I know I would!
    I would love some wireless pressure transducers so all I need to carry is a small digital display. Somehow linking it to a iPhone or iPad would be awesome. I think I remember a thread about that awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvac216 View Post
    I would love some wireless pressure transducers so all I need to carry is a small digital display. Somehow linking it to a iPhone or iPad would be awesome. I think I remember a thread about that awhile ago.
    There is a product out there that does this. Mark B. posted some info about it after going to AHR expo. If I remember correctly, it was around $3000.00.

A little to expensive for me.

I'm with Mason. That would be a great product. I don't think it's too much to ask. Testo has wireless probes...why couldn't this be done with pipe temp clamps?

Quote Originally Posted by Hvac216 View Post
    For me personally I wouldn't want the wireless pressure transducers because I'm usually putting my gauges on when there's something wrong with the unit that requires refrigerant work so I would have to take them off.

Give it a few years and it will probably happen and be affordable.

Sort of off an a tangent here but why not add it to communicating systems. I can't see it adding too much cost, and have it only accessible in the advanced features of the stat. With a wifi stat you would be able to view it from off site.

Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    For me personally I wouldn't want the wireless pressure transducers because I'm usually putting my gauges on when there's something wrong with the unit that requires refrigerant work so I would have to take them off.
    Good point. I guess I was getting a little ahead of myself. It's been a long day lol.

http://www.metreco.com/

This company makes all the gadgets listed above. Heavy price tag.

See more discussion on this product at the link below.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....wn-quot-moment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12