Is this a good job offer?

I'm a college graduate with a decent paying job. I always wanted to work with my hands, and I was offered a job as a food equipment repair tech
    (Ovens, steamers, coffee machines, etc.) My questions are:
    Is this a good job?
    What kind of money can I potentially make (actual numbers if you don’t mind)?
    How do you get to be trained in the refrigeration side and
    HVAC side of the business?
    Should I just stay with my current fob?
    Thanks for all advice, it is greatly appreciated.

Exclamation

What are ya trained in now,not really being nosey just seeing if it applies to hvac and refrig.if what your doing now does not your in 4 a long haul.
    There are three signs of old age.
    The first is your loss of memory,
    the other two I forget.

I'm not doing anything related to HVAC or repair work. This type of work interests me though, and I want to be sure I can have a good future in this business.
    Thanks

kitchen equip repairs

I came into the food service repairs, about six months ago from an HVAC background. It is interesting and everyday is a new adventure, seeing something I have never seen before and needing to figure it out. If you are good trouble shooting equipment problems that will help, diagnosing electrical parts, motors, control boards etc. An awful lot of the equipment you will see has been badly abused by uncaring kitchen staff who know nothing about caring for, or about keeping it clean. Often times I see equipment which has been "hacked" on by people who know some and were able to get it going last time in a very unproffessional way. I takes a lot of tolerance, working under adverse conditions, ie: people working right over your back, tripping over you and vice versa, because they are notgoing to shut down a cooking line so you can fix a piece of equipment that is right in the middle of the line.
    How do you feel about working "in greasy" environments. I started out at $17.00 an hour here in South Carolina with benefits and a company truck. Yes I am on emergency call. I hope this is helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by JConcack View Post
    I'm not doing anything related to HVAC or repair work. This type of work interests me though, and I want to be sure I can have a good future in this business.
    Thanks
    This buisness is like any other, if your good at what you do, you will make prime rate! Just be ready to work in some very nasty places! Also lots of O.T.! Myself, i got tired of all the late night service calls! I now work for a school system, and I love it! I still get to do what I love , but I'm almost always home at 3:30!!!! I hope this help's you! Good Luck!