I'm having an issue with a Fujitsu ductless split system. New customer, no cooling. Found the complete charge had leaked out of one of the flared connections at the condenser, upon further checking found the compressor to be bad, due to a mechanical lock-up.
Ordered a new compressor, installed compressor, evacuated system down to 500 microns, and began charging. I immediately realized I had a restriction, and narrowed it down to the drier/strainer capillary tube assembly. So before getting a new assembly I wanted to try and blow it out first, during recovery I had an issue a couple of times with my charging hoses clogging, I would take my hose off and I had a "creamy" paint like residue, which seemed to be a refrigerant oil mixture. Once the refrigerant evaporated it became clear oil, not alot but just enough it was clogging the orifices on my hoses.
So I called another, "more senior" technician who said that it was normal with some types of oil and that he'd seen it before, that there was no issue there. So I blew out the strainer and capillary tube and after putting back in realized that it was again completely blocked. So I ordered a new assembly and have it on order as we speak, but I can't help but scratch that nagging feeling that the issue with the refrigerant/oil that I had in my lines might also have had something to do with it. If someone else has ran into this and has a remedy, or if I'm merely overhthinking a simple restriction, please tell me....thanks.
*Oh and when I later was putting away my vacuum pump I noticed the oil in my pump was also a creamy clear white, which was just changed before doing that evacuation.