+ Reply to Thread

Thread: factory training question

Post Likes

factory training question

Previously in this forum I asked about kitchen equipment repair.I have been getting calls for steamers,friers..
    Can you recommend any major brand factory training.I think i have to put my hands on these.thanks in advance.

Post Likes

Smile training

I have been to the Frymaster one day training it was presented by a local supplier, I have been to a Amana 1/2 day seminar, most of those can be found buy calling appliance wholesalers, I also went to Ohio to attend a 3 day at Henny Penny, that was a blast, most of the time I just check with wholesalers and they will tell you about the classes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dmp3_16hvac/r View Post
    I have been to the Frymaster one day training it was presented by a local supplier, I have been to a Amana 1/2 day seminar, most of those can be found buy calling appliance wholesalers, I also went to Ohio to attend a 3 day at Henny Penny, that was a blast, most of the time I just check with wholesalers and they will tell you about the classes.
    Hey, and I was in Manitowoc in 2005.Great training.But I heard Barry Hatt is no longer there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafreeze View Post
    Previously in this forum I asked about kitchen equipment repair.I have been getting calls for steamers,friers..
    Can you recommend any major brand factory training.I think i have to put my hands on these.thanks in advance.
    Hobart corporation has very good factory training, but I don't know if they train anyone other than employee's. Good luck!

Post Likes
    I called T A Y L O R today.They said that they would help me with selling their equipment but would not train me,there is no training for indipendent companies..If I aspired so and became the largest equipment outlet here (per say) ,theirs would be the last one I would sell.But I am nobody anyway..

Post Likes

Cool

I called T A Y L O R today.They said that they would help me with selling their equipment but would not train me,there is no training for indipendent companies..If I aspired so and became the largest equipment outlet here (per say) ,theirs would be the last one I would sell.But I am nobody anyway..
    TAYLOR is world wide in order to be trained on their equipment you have to work for their distributers
    Knowledge comes with experience

7. Likes caheiman30 liked this post.
    Post Likes

Ice makers

I have een to my wholesalers for the Manitowoc and to the Hoshizaki one day, both helped some.

Post Likes
    In December 2006 I sold two Hoshizaki I/M. I should be selling Manitowoc because in the past I worked for a Manitowoc CSR , plus I had their factory training (paid from my pocket). And I am more familiar with Manitowoc. But I will never sell a Manitowoc as long as the Hoshizaki distributer here is so nice to me and the Manitowoc distributer shows no interest in me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nickellhead View Post
    TAYLOR is world wide in order to be trained on their equipment you have to work for their distributers
    You didn't have to tell me that.I said I called them today.

Post Likes
    You didn't have to tell me that.I said I called them today.
    somebodys a little upset that they cant work on TAYLOR equipment
    Knowledge comes with experience

Post Likes
    I won't knock schools but the best thing is to get a library of manuals and a list of tech support lines. Study the manuals so that when you call support you will have an idea as to what you are talking about and what they are telling you to look for. Most tech lines are very patient and helpful. Second get in front of some units, with basic electrical skills you can find most non refrigerant problems. Maybe I'm just lucky, but when I get in front of a unit I just take a few minutes to look it over and get in my head what it is supposed to do, then focus on the components that would keep it from working properly. Thirdly, don't be intimidated. Most resturant equipment is pretty simple. People don't work on it because it's complicated, they just don't want to get their hands dirty. Lastly, you're going to get bit a time or two, but those are the best lessons. Be good to your customers and they will be understanding since they need you worst than you need them.

Post Likes

Smile

I found a new web site today lots of help, amnuals and such
    WWW.ckps.com

Post Likes
    i went to groen for a 3 day class about 5 years ago it was pretty good and they gave us all the manuals for their equipment i dont have the number at hand but you can call them and get more info. the down side is you will have to travel to jackson mississippi for the class. it was well worth it for me........

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in