Hybrid View

Rewriting history in Memphis

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Memphis steps out of the 19th century into the 21st by no longer honoring traitors and slaveowners.

Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Memphis steps out of the 19th century into the 21st by no longer honoring traitors and slaveowners.

Good for them.
    Have you ever heard of HERITAGE??? You obviously know nothing about it. If you knew anything about history, you would know that slave owners were country wide - not only the south had slaves. Also, if you would look back at history you would learn that the Yankees were the traiters. They were going against the constitution, placing unfair burdens on the south. We were fighting to keep our freedoms, as everyone should be doing today. You seem to be another history ignorant person still thinking that the civil war was about slavery. Read a history book. A REAL history book. Not the ones the liberals try to force on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    Have you ever heard of HERITAGE??? You obviously know nothing about it. If you knew anything about history, you would know that slave owners were country wide - not only the south had slaves. Also, if you would look back at history you would learn that the Yankees were the traiters. They were going against the constitution, placing unfair burdens on the south. We were fighting to keep our freedoms, as everyone should be doing today. You seem to be another history ignorant person still thinking that the civil war was about slavery. Read a history book. A REAL history book. Not the ones the liberals try to force on everyone.
    Wasting your time Bama arguing with geerbot. He can't stand the America we grew up in and our Constitution. A communist state is what he wants. He is actually calling Southerners traitors. He belongs in the old Soviet Union IMHO. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Wasting your time Bama arguing with geerbot. He can't stand the America we grew up in and our Constitution. A communist state is what he wants. He is actually calling Southerners traitors. He belongs in the old Soviet Union IMHO. Thank you, thank you very much
    Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    Have you ever heard of HERITAGE??? You obviously know nothing about it.
    To celebrate the enslavement of fellow human beings and the attempted destruction of the United States not to mention the horrible death toll as a heritage seems a bit gruesome but to each his own.

If you knew anything about history, you would know that slave owners were country wide not only the south had slaves.
    As an institution and an economic driver slavery was banished from the Northern States around the beginning of the 19th century.

Also, if you would look back at history you would learn that the Yankees were the traiters. They were going against the constitution, placing unfair burdens on the south.
    What constitutional articles were violated? What were these burdens?

We were fighting to keep our freedoms, as everyone should be doing today.
    Yes, the freedom to continue slavery.

You seem to be another history ignorant person still thinking that the civil war was about slavery.
    The main issues dividing the North and South were slavery and political and economic realities motivated by slavery.

Read a history book. A REAL history book. Not the ones the liberals try to force on everyone.
    Perhaps you could suggest a proper history book?

BTW: I was born and raised in a Confederate state.