Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I originally agreed that Zimmerman was completely innocent.

I am now all for the justice system doing it's thing to get to the bottom of what happened.

Anyone sitting behind there keyboards saying they know what happened by reading the media articles or listening to 911 tapes is just being ridiculous.

I was like that, but now I want to see the evidence.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

A corrupt justice system that backs the liberal media can hardly be trusted. It is likely he will be found guilty because politicians do not want their cities set on fire by those waiting for their obama phones.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    A corrupt justice system that backs the liberal media can hardly be trusted. It is likely he will be found guilty because politicians do not want their cities set on fire by those waiting for their obama phones.
    thats what Im afraid of.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

I was like that, but now I want to see the evidence.
    It’s clear we don’t know all the evidence until the trial, but what would the evidence have to show for you to convict Zimmerman of murder 3 or manslaughter (murder 2 is a stretch)?

Some seem to think there is no amount of evidence for any conviction.

In nearly all Police Officers involved in shootings that I am familiar with, rarely is that officer involved capable of re-counting the entire sequence of events in an accurate manner when compared to eyewitness (non-shooters) of the event. How can one expect Zimmerman to recall with any degree of accuracy all that occurred?

My point, he can't. A smart prosecuting attorney will understand this and use it to blow holes in his testimony and cause doubt in the Jury and Zimmerman himself. Unless Zimmerman has several eye witness's he is toast, guilty or not.

Nor should we discount the fact that this case is a political football and will have impact on the outcome....like it or not.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    In nearly all Police Officers involved in shootings that I am familiar with, rarely is that officer involved capable of re-counting the entire sequence of events in an accurate manner when compared to eyewitness (non-shooters) of the event. How can one expect Zimmerman to recall with any degree of accuracy all that occurred?

My point, he can't. A smart prosecuting attorney will understand this and use it to blow holes in his testimony and cause doubt in the Jury and Zimmerman himself. Unless Zimmerman has several eye witness's he is toast, guilty or not.

Nor should we discount the fact that this case is a political football and will have impact on the outcome....like it or not.
    If his memory is fuzzy then it would be foolish for Zimmerman to take the stand and square off with the prosecutor. He will know what the other witnesses will testify to because of discovery rights. If he chooses not to testify then it will be left up to impartial eye witnesses and circumstantial evidence, along with Zimmerman’s testimony recorded on tape the day of and the day after the alleged crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    It’s clear we don’t know all the evidence until the trial, but what would the evidence have to show for you to convict Zimmerman of murder 3 or manslaughter (murder 2 is a stretch)?

Some seem to think there is no amount of evidence for any conviction.
    if there were any eye witness's. Its my understanding that martin was on top, I want someone to confirm that. Also I would like to see any DNA or blood evidence from Martins hands/knuckles/fingernails. If martin was on top

Was there a Disparity of Force?

I also want to know. If Martin initially, did in fact run away, how did he end up in a fight with Zimmerman?

Thats it, Thats all I really want to know
    The Last four letters

any questions

If his memory is fuzzy then it would be foolish for Zimmerman to take the stand and square off with the prosecutor. He will know what the other witnesses will testify to because of discovery rights. If he chooses not to testify then it will be left up to impartial eye witnesses and circumstantial evidence, along with Zimmerman’s testimony recorded on tape the day of and the day after the alleged crime.
    now your talking about Court strategy. Lets not start trying to guess what a Prosecutor or Defense Attorney is going to do.

That would be a futile exercise with no accurate results
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    now your talking about Court strategy. Lets not start trying to guess what a Prosecutor or Defense Attorney is going to do.

That would be a futile exercise with no accurate results
    You are conveniently skipping over my previous question to you.

I ask this question because I think there is little-to-no evidence that would come out in the courtroom that would be sufficient for you to convict Zimmerman short of him killing Martin execution style. You asked to see the evidence so you can appear to be just and thorough but in actuality you have far too much of a pro conceal bias to look at it fairly IMO.

If you think I am wrong then state what evidence or circumstance should convict Zimmerman. Bet you haven’t even thought that far into it because a conviction is off the table for you regardless of the evidence.

You are conveniently skipping over my previous question to you.

I ask this question because I think there is little-to-no evidence that would come out in the courtroom that would be sufficient for you to convict Zimmerman short of him killing Martin execution style. You asked to see the evidence so you can appear to be just and thorough but in actuality you have far too much of a pro conceal bias to look at it fairly IMO.

If you think I am wrong then state what evidence or circumstance should convict Zimmerman. Bet you haven’t even thought that far into it because a conviction is off the table for you regardless of the evidence.
    Your question is irrelevant and would require pure speculation to try an answer. Truth is there is no way to know what it would take. You would have to consider any other possible evidence that could possibly have more weight, once seen or heard, then what you thought might be enough to convict. It's a silly game, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    Your question is irrelevant and would require pure speculation to try an answer. Truth is there is no way to know what it would take. You would have to consider any other possible evidence that could possibly have more weight, once seen or heard, then what you thought might be enough to convict. It's a silly game, IMHO.
    It is not a silly game. It is the job description of any prosecutor or defense attorney to know what evidence convicts or acquits. We know mostly what happened. Only a few details are missing. It wouldn’t take that much filling in to color the picture one way or the other. That is if you are able to convict under any circumstance.

It is not a silly game. It is the job description of any prosecutor or defense attorney to know what evidence convicts or acquits. We know mostly what happened. Only a few details are missing. It wouldn’t take that much filling in to color the picture one way or the other. That is if you are able to convict under any circumstance.
    Actually all the details are missing. No one knows what it will take to convict or acquit. If they did we wouldn't need courts or trials. We could just say well that's all I need to convict so lock him up. Or well that's enough to aquit so let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    What we do know is there were 2 men on a street at night. There was an altercation and one man was shot and killed.
    If that's all you know about this case maybe you shouldn’t be commenting on it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast