Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Zimmerman defended himself with his gun only after he was in serious danger of being killed or maimed for life with a serious head injury. Only super PC, brainwashed liberals, Black racists and or prejudice folks think otherwise IMHO. Thank you, thank you very much
    How about I walk into a lion’s cage with no training skills and a gun at my side. I tell the lions what to do and when they approach me like their next meal I just shoot them. To you I would perfectly justified as long as I was a republican and it was a black lion (if there is such a thing). Being pro gun would help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    I'm white, I would react the same way if someone was following me around. There is fault on both sides in this case.
    I wouldn't, and I didn't. About 15 years ago, I would go for walks around the nieghborhood. I carried a baseball bat with me just to protect against dogs and to have something to do with my arms. Sometimes I walked at 0300 in the morning. I was working on merchant ships then, and I had several months off at a time. Two times people called the cops on me. One time, I was in an affluent neighborhood, and a guy drove his car up and asked, "Can I help you?" I angrily replied, "NO YOU CAN'T!" Sure I was mad, but I didn't attack him and I didn't go looking for him. I didn't tell him he was going to die tonight, and I didn't try to put the beat down on him or kick his car. If I would have had more humility, I would have simply said, "No sir, I'm out for a walk and take the bat for protection against dogs".

Quote Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
    Wasn't there so opinion would only be based on race of those involved exreo. Your not acting very christian are you ?
    Sorry, I read your response 4 or 5 times, and it still makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Your claim that black on white crime is not reported like the inverse is true. But in this case the sole reason Zimmerman was following Martin may have been because of his ethnicity. So Zimmerman’s predisposition of blacks may have started the whole thing.

This case is going to turn into Blacks vs. the Gun-nuts. Should make for some good entertainment.
    Zimmerman should be predisposed to watch blacks more carefully-in fact, 8.3 times more carefully. 370 whites in jail/100,000 whites. 3096 blacks in jail/100,000 blacks. Black crime being committed at a rate 8.3 times that of white crime as a percentage of respective populations. Blacks are only 12% of the population but 55% of the prison population is black.

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    I agree to a point.
    I grew up in a predominantly black part of the city.
    I remember getting jumped by 15 black kids on the way home from football practice, and many more encounters throughout my childhood.
    I remember reverse racism in the schools.
    I remember losing two very close friends from being shot by black kids (two years ago my little brother was shot by a black 15 yr old kid in the wrist, stomach, and pelvic. By God's grace he is still alive!)
    I remember being robbed and shot at by blacks.

My hatred towards them was very, very strong for many years. Only with the help of "my Lord" have I been able to cope with that hatred.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    That is an amazing story. Was any part exaggerated though? It would take a great amount of God's grace to be willing to forgive and also to not continue to walk in bitterness and anger towards them. I don't know how you do it honestly. And in our culture everybody thinks blacks are the victims!

Zimmerman pursued Martin knowing that if he got in trouble he was not trained how to fight, defend himself, nor did he possess any non-lethal weapons like mace, night stick, taiser or a partner. His only defense if he got in trouble was to kill Martin dead, which is what happened.

Being backed into a corner and using deadly force is one thing but pursuing an innocent person alone when you are ill equipped to deal with an escalating situation is just stupid. IMO this is when a concealed carry permit caused a guy to be overly courageous and had to take a life unnecessarily. We should be glad that Zimmerman wasn’t confronted by more adversaries because there would be more dead bodies.

BTW – Zimmerman’s brother was interviewed last night. He lied through his teeth when he said Zimmerman did not pursue Martin after 911 told him to stand down.
    Zimmerman didn't. He was watching from a distance as Martin got to his house. In fact Martin was almost there at his door, and then decided he wanted a piece of Zimmerman. Zimmerman decided to walk back towards his car to diffuse the situation. Martin was determined to get "whitey" though. Martin was raised in a culture (by his loser of an old man) where whites were racist against blacks and always deserved a butt kickin.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Zimmerman didn't. He was watching from a distance as Martin got to his house. In fact Martin was almost there at his door, and then decided he wanted a piece of Zimmerman. Zimmerman decided to walk back towards his car to diffuse the situation. Martin was determined to get "whitey" though. Martin was raised in a culture (by his loser of an old man) where whites were racist against blacks and always deserved a butt kickin.

So, I take it you where there? If you where not then you don't know what occurred. Zimmerman was told that police where on the way and to stop following the kid. Why did he get out of the car. There is wrong on all sides but Zimmerman started the situation.

That is an amazing story. Was any part exaggerated though? It would take a great amount of God's grace to be willing to forgive and also to not continue to walk in bitterness and anger towards them. I don't know how you do it honestly. And in our culture everybody thinks blacks are the victims!
    Not at all exaggerated, but much left out.
    Two years ago (after my brother was shot), I moved from Toledo to Indiana. This was done after much debate between me, the wife, and my father (preacher).
    Moving here and becoming close with my father has really helped me cope with the bitterness.
    I still use common sense, and despise ignorance no matter what flavor/color combo it may come in form of.

(Edit: the wife informs me of some date confusion on my part. My brother was shot a year before we moved. It took him a year to recover. After recovery, I moved my family.)

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Little advice to everyone-see something suspicious, get a good description, call the cops and remove yourself from situation. That's why God made cops.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

How about I walk into a lion’s cage with no training skills and a gun at my side. I tell the lions what to do and when they approach me like their next meal I just shoot them. To you I would perfectly justified as long as I was a republican and it was a black lion (if there is such a thing). Being pro gun would help too.
    Sure sounds like the lions belong in a cage so as not to harm folks. Perhaps this is a good comparison after all Brian. Maybe Travon didn't need to be outside of one. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Sorry, I read your response 4 or 5 times, and it still makes no sense to me.
    Wasn't there, so opinion would only be based on race of those involved. Your not acting very christian are you ?

If you watch the video of Zimmerman walking through the area explaining to the detectives where the alteration took place he lied about where the shooting took place. He was not on a path back to his car. The officers did not question his statements, probably because they wanted him to take full opportunity to lie.

Watch the video. Verify where the altercation took place. They don’t line up.

Listen to the 911 tape and match it up to his statements to the detectives on the scene. They don’t line up either. Let’s hope he saved some of that $200,000 for a good defense attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Sure sounds like the lions belong in a cage so as not to harm folks. Perhaps this is a good comparison after all Brian. Maybe Travon didn't need to be outside of one. Thank you, thank you very much
    My point was that some people, like trainers, can go into that cage all day long. Just as cops can pursue people better than we can because they don’t have to kill people when they get in trouble.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast