Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i saw a tv program last year.
    they were interviewing economists from England and France, and they were saying they are basically pulling the plug on China.
    they are going to start sending manufacturing to other counties.
    China is expected to take a big hit in it's economy

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Star dividend paying stocks are a good play now... as long as we do not see the DOW and major stocks take a vacation....

Not much good to get 4-5-6% dividends... when the stock value drops 15-20-25%...

I am playing upstart industrial metals mines (mostly in Canada).
    if you think China is about a go down the tubes,playing industrial metals is a bad play? I am playing the housing recovery,Home Depot,ADT,Emerson,Eaton,Key Bank.Finanicals,Goldman Sacks,Blackrock.Just bought Facebook and Macy's.These plays are already working!

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortService View Post
    490 tons of gold in 2011,933 metric tons in 2012, and China is crashing?

Mee-don-tink-so... I think someone is speculating on inflation
    Make a careful study of the 'paper gold' market... The price is NOT free... it is controlled.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    if you think China is about a go down the tubes,playing industrial metals is a bad play? I am playing the housing recovery,Home Depot,ADT,Emerson,Eaton,Key Bank.Finanicals,Goldman Sacks,Blackrock.Just bought Facebook and Macy's.These plays are already working!
    Industrial metals are used other places than China... Demand for manufactured products will go on regardless of where they are built. Gotta think OUTSIDE the box... something Wall Street is not good at.

Of your list... HD; Emerson; Goldman Sachs (always a good choice... they are deep in bed with the govt) are decent choices.
    FB... well I hope you are in the green... I doubt that stock will go back to opening or make a profit for the folks who bought at the top.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Remember that all stocks are based on the Fiat currency that we use daily. It is based on nothing but Government word that it is safe. Nixon should have been imprisoned for taking us off the gold standard. I (and many professional money advisers) recommend that you invest 10% or more in PHYSICAL silver or gold. Not paper silver or gold. Diversity in your investments is key. If the market takes a crap you will have some gold or silver in your GUN SAFE to use for barter. You will also have arms and ammo with which to protect your belongings.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.
    Benjamin Franklin

My neighbor has a stamping plant in southeast michigan. I was over visiting a year ago and asked his son how business was doing. He said good, I asked about chinese competition. He said his brother was in china and factories would be moving back to the USA. He said the chinese are finding out they are better farmers than anything else. Anyhoo later on I heard on the radio that wammo was moving there operations back to the USA. There could be something to it.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

About two years ago... I was talking with a friend about manufacturing. He said low tech casting was already moving back to the USA. (Low tech casting is things like the power steering pump bracket on the engine of your car).

Guy said he knew of many a low tech casting plant that was running 24/7! And this was in 2010.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

better hang on to your wallets

Germany is repatriating there gold from NY, London and Paris. They are pulling about 330+ TONS of gold out of the NY Fed. The same amount from London and Paris.

I'll bet tomorrow night at the state of the union address, Obama says the economy is doing great?

He, and many Americans are going to be for a rude awakening by the end of summer

and if you have seen the commercials about "NY---open for business" what joke.

Some upscale bars in NYC are adding a "$2 up charge" if you order a shot "neat" (without ice) ya, that should stimulate business.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12