+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital Scrolls

Post Likes

Digital Scrolls

Hi Everyone
    Does anyone have any information about copeland digital scroll upgrades. Is it possible to convert an existing scroll to digital, and if so has anyone done it and how do you know if it can be done to the scroll. I have heard it is possible and would like to do it to a couple of racks I have inherited but cant get much info on it.

Post Likes
    I don't think it is possible to convert a non digital compressor to a digital compressor. The digital has a solenoid that allows the upper stationary part of the scroll to lift up thereby creating a gap between the scrolls effectively unloading the compressor.
    If it is possible to convert a non digital compressor to a digital compressor I sure would like to learn more about it. I believe you could install a digital compressor and a control board and convert a system to digital. It would require a analog signal for modulation.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Post Likes
    You can't retrofit an existing standard scroll to digital. You must replace the existing scroll with a digital scroll.

Copeland has an aftermarket retrofit kit which is intended for HVAC applications:

http://www.emersonclimate.com/en-us/...trofitKit.aspx

I'm not aware of such a kit for Refrigeration though.

Post Likes
    Yes you can upgrade to a Digital however you will need to replace the existing compressor with Digital. You Also need a controller to operate the Digital , we now have two types of controllers, stand alone and open loop. If you would like more information please feel free to direct message me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in